IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

I'm Outdoors A Lot Because at the Ripe Age of 40, I Live in a Van!

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by QueenofHearts, Aug 15, 2017.

1. QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts New Member

Oh yes, nature is my thing. Not real cool with the bugs, insects and creepy crawlers yet, but we're learning how to mind our own business when I'm in their territory. HAHA! Yelp, I've just learned how to talk to them and tell them to go away before my foot let's loose. Yes, I know it's not good to destroy them, but my motto is, I'll get you before you get me.

Van-living has been a humbling and awesome experience. I'll do anything GOD tells me to do if it builds my courage muscle. My YouTube channel called, The Victorious Living Movement is where I show people how I live in my van house. Make peace with any situation that you find yourself in, because peace is all that really matters in the thing called LIFE. :p

Until next time~

Attached Files:

2. Jennifer Steele

Jennifer Steele New Member

I just hit the 40 mark a few months back and although I wasn't in a van I was living in my explorer. It was a few years ago but I was there. I found that I to became humble within my struggles. I didn't know at that point that my struggles really hadn't begone and were actually still to come. My experience led me to losing my vehicle and everything else, including myself. I was living, what felt like, the last days to my story.. I was lost and I had given up. Just as I felt as though I had done all I could to hang on and I believed that life was not something I wanted anymore, someone restored the feeling of love in me and my friend open a door for me that I couldn't do alone. She just opened it. I had to choose to walk through it and finish the battle I was in.
    The reason I wanted to reply to your post was because I was moved by the attitude you have chosen to become in the situation you have been handed. My story is far more complex than I including and my journey after bumping into my friend was filled with nights sleeping in stairwells for safety, hiding my clothes on top of buildings, jumping in pools to wash my cloths and look clean to go to work, and alone on an island far away from ever soul I ever knew. I had less than 20 bucks, no vehicle, and a back pack. With all that I made it all by myself and frankly I am a bad** well can't finish that statement, but I earned that status. I believe you will to if you haven't already. Your battle will be well worth it in the end, at least mine was. It was a heck of a fight but my attitude was my weapon, it was my shield, and it was my faith. I never knew how strong I am until all I had was me. Something you might have already found within yourself.
    I also want to let you know I am cheering you on all the way from Florida. I know in my heart your journey is one you needed and at the end you will find a person you never knew was inside of you. What you gain from this will be yours to keep and no one can take it from you, that my friend is gift worth having.. God knows you can't say that about to many things in this world. I have concluded that life is nothing more and nothing less than "Bitter Sweet". When things are bitter you have to carry on cause if you do I guarantee you will find the sweet! Good Luck to you.. Keep us posted!

P. S. - I laughed about the bug thing.. Only because I am deadly afraid of all bugs.. I can not agree with their part in the world, but I to started having heart to hearts with them.. I made it clear they were safe until they touched me, but once they did it was game on . Needless to say the ones that did, didn't make it. I will never forget the two times I was awakened by a flying roach landing on my face. The second time I was so mad I grabbed it from my face and slammed it onto the ground. Then I went right back to sleep.. That was a big event one which I felt like I was the baddest woman in the world for sure.