IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Importance of prayers in every religion

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by jason bourne, Jan 30, 2018.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne New Member

There is no doubt that prayers have a positive effect on our lives. It feels so satisfied to pray whenever we are in a trouble or suffering from bad days. Praying to God is an important thing to do in every religion. We should work hard to gain our goals and we should try to get rid of problems then the second and final step is to pray for it. God helps those who help themselves.

Last year my mother was suffering from cancer and all the family member were so worried about her health. Instead of just praying, we took her to the hospital to hospital for proper medication and treatment. We kept praying too. In the result, she recovered from this disease within a year. There is someone with the name of God. He can see our efforts and hard work and composites it with the success. So, keep working hard and keep praying. One day you will be able to fulfil your wishes and dreams.

2. Nido

Nido New Member

I totally agree with you and I have strong believe on prayers. I trust that a prayer can change our fate and in every religion people pray. I pray when I am in difficult time and I know God help me and I am nothing without His help.
    In my religion we pray five times a day and it brings really satisfaction and happiness in our lives. We remember our God in every way of life and keep praying Him to shower His blessings on us.

3. jayden

jayden New Member

There is a saying that goes "A prayer a day keeps the devil away". This means that prayers are very important in ones life. Whenever faced with challenges, I just turn to God in prayer and am relieved. God is not a respecter of persons and is always there for us when we cry unto Him.

4. bootingtheball

bootingtheball New Member

Prayer is important to me as it helps me to communicate with god and I find it therapeutic to talk about my feelings rather than to keep them to myself. I often repent for my sins and ask god for forgiveness because no matter how strong we make ourselves to be we must take some time out of our day to be humble in front of god.
    Furthermore, prayer gives me an opportunity to be thankful for things like health or something that is good in our lives and it has a calming effect on the mind.

5. Isaactimothy

Isaactimothy New Member

One of the common characteristics of every religion in the world is prayer. One importance of prayers is that it acts as a mode of communication between the people and their deity, e.g., between Christians and God. When a Christian wants God's guidance, he/she will pray to God as a means of reaching God which is also similar to other religions. Prayers have a deep theological meaning and to every religion, it is important as it brings people closer to to their deity. Among other importance of prayers include protection, breakthroughs, and the ability of bringing light where there is darkness.

6. santanu

santanu Member

I admit the statement "There is no doubt that prayers have a positive effect on our lives" made by Jason. I have doubt on the effect of prayer to change anything in our life except feeling good by surrendering to the Almighty.

A few years back an extensive international study was done to know the effect of praying. One patient with a terminal medical condition was chosen for study. Special prayer centers were created beside churches, temples, and mosques. Thousands and thousands of people participated in the prayer sessions. They were instructed to pray simultaneously for both the patients. People prayed and prayed but the subject expired.

I have my doubts for many other reasons besides the result of the aforesaid study.

7. Janet Muthoni

Janet Muthoni New Member

Praying is therapeutic, making our requests known through prayer and supplication to him is what the Lord instructs us to do. He tells us not to be anxious about anything but to make our hearts desires known to him through prayer and surely in his best time it shall to pass.

Prayer teaches us to hope for great things and have plenty of faith in him that maketh our paths right. He knew us before we were born so it for us to trust in his unending love and grace.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  8. santanu

santanu Member

It is good to keep faith in prayer but some people do not believe in prayers. Whenever the topic of prayer comes up I start getting a flow of logical and practical questions bombarding me. Reath contains almost 70 billion religious human beings. Every individual prays to his individual God (God is a personal property) but the result of these prayers are not very encouraging. There are few incidents of getting what someone prays for but such incidents being few in numbers can only be considered incidental.

Prayer is Good in spite of its inability to bring any substantial change in circumstances. Prayer is a healer of mind.

9. Vincent Koyi

Vincent Koyi New Member

Prayers is the most important tool for a Christian if you fail to pray you give the devil chances of attacking your spiritual walk so it's very important to pray and fast

10. Festus

Festus New Member

That's right @Isaactimothy, I agree with you on this.

Prayer is the link between the people and the deity they worship. I am a Christian, and prayer is an important aspect of my day to day activities. I have grown to love God, honor Him, and communicate with Him both in thoughts and words.

The disciples of Jesus discovered that He was always engaged in this activity and with the results that follow during the day, they had to ask Him to teach them in Luke 11, which He gladly did.

So, no matter the plans made and the effort exerted, we must still pray, so that God can move on our behalf even when we do not see the unseen factors that might want to derail our efforts.

11. acewheel001

acewheel001 New Member

Prayer is our way of communicating to God Himself. When we communicate with our friends, we talk to them for a purpose like, we want to tell them something; or ask them about anything; or perhaps we have a request that we need them to do for us. In any case, when we talk to anyone it's always a two-way communication wherein each one has to respond. Perhaps that is the way we can also view our prayers. God is also like a friend, He is a person too. And when we pray to him, expect that there will a response otherwise the whole idea of communicating itself is put to nought.

Sometimes though, our prayers seem to be unanswered. But it doesn't really mean they are not heard. God is not deaf to any prayers actually in the same token that any good father will always listen to the pleas of his children. And like our father too, perhaps God will not be granting our requests if he knows these will not be for our own good in the first place.

So next time we pray, treat God like a personal friend. Aside from asking him for something, we can also thank him, praise him, and ask for forgiveness if we think we have offended him in some ways before. In this way, our prayers will become more personal, deep, and more connected.

12. Samantha

Samantha New Member

First of all, I'm very glad your mother made a full recovery. I also absolutely agree that prayer has power and I say this is as a person who doesn't necessarily believe in organized religion. As far as history can tell us and across all nations and religions, people have prayed. Not only is it therapeutic to the person who is praying and releasing their stresses and issues in a constructive manner, but it also brings people solace and peace in otherwise challenging times. Sometimes those that are praying do so to rejoice and celebrate life, and in both occasions it brings people together. Whether you are religious or not, most people can agree that the energy you release, is the energy you will attract. Prayer and hymns are no different than a drum circle or chant. Each releases an energy into the world and that holds definite power. It is entirely possible that billions of people, over many centuries were all completely wrong as to what praying actually can or can't do. Regardless, it heals the person who is praying. It is a moment where they are completely honest with themselves and ask for strength or guidance, and that's always going to be an amazing occurrence.

13. Carmela

Carmela New Member

Payer is communicating with God. We humans are beyond just being animals. We are spritual creatures because we have soul. We eat everyday just to make our physical body as healthy as possible. And praying is like food to our soul. There is nothing that makes our soul tranquil and flourish than communicating with our creater. Otherwise our soul will be starved, just like our body.