IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Importance of Warm Up

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by AundoPhil, Feb 13, 2022.

1. AundoPhil

AundoPhil New Member

Doing a warm up is a very important aspect in exercise and fitness. Warming the body prepares it for exercise, both physically and mentally. It fills the joints with synovial fluid, which acts as a shock absorber during exercise.
    We have witnessed many times some athletes breaking down shortly after beginning of the exercise. One of the possible reasons may be that they never warmed up their bodies.
    Failure to warm up will present itself with symptoms like weak muscles and dry joints. This can result into muscle spasms, ligament and joint pain/failure.
    It is therefore important that, we should all do warm up exercises before the real exercise, to avoid injuries.

Courtney L Myles likes this.
  2. Courtney L Myles

Courtney L Myles New Member

Yes! I totally agree. When I first started my weight loss journey, I knew exercise was going to be one of the requirements so I just brushed off the anxiety of exercising and went straight into it. I would notice about five minutes into my exercise routine I would feel very burnt out. Why? Well it was because I never warmed up before exercising. I didn't realize the importance of warming up before a workout until I actually performed a research on the symptoms I was feeling during a workout. Once I got into the rhythm of warming up before exercising, I noticed a big difference. Also, protein powder before and after a workout makes a big difference as well.