IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is building a church a vocation or a business?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Lucita, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Lucita

Lucita New Member

There are so many churches around, each rising day a new church is formed. Alot of people are splitting from there mother churches and forming new ones. This makes it difficult to differentiate between a church built out of vocation and the one built for business purposes. One can't help it but wonder why people can't stick to their mother churches or has the church become an easy to get-into profitable business? Is our faith as christians so little as compared to that of muslims that we can't stick to our original churches? Are the rules regulating formation of churches so lenient, such that anyone can be allowed to form a church? I personally do not see the difference between vocation and business when it comes to the formation of churches. Who else is of the same opnion as mine?

2. Uyj

Uyj New Member

Very well said brother, no one have the rights to build a church and start religion. Even the prophets or even the apostles don't have any rights to build a church and start religion because Jesus said in Mathew 16:18 That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus plainly said I will build my church that's it. Jesus build the churches and the regulation of the church it should be the law and regulations of Jesus not yours because it's not you church. It's a sin when you build a church and called it Uyj church, just an examples.

No one have the rights to build and to start a religion because God said "Be Holy because I am your God holy ". God never said be a Muslim, be a Christian, etc.
    God said " Be Holy".