IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is Education even The Key to Success today?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Dennis, Nov 14, 2017.

1. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

Education was always one of the keys to success. Today. Yesterday. Ages ago. The opposite of education is ignorance. How can ignorance help anybody be successful?

2. nerminbutucan

nerminbutucan New Member

I believe education is the most important tool you can receive, that can bring you most success in society today. Education lessens the challenges you will face in life. The more knowledge you gain the more opportunities will open up to allow individuals to achieve better possibilities in career and personal growth. Education has played an important role in the career world of the twenty-first century. A person with a higher education will be easily qualified compared to a person without an extended education; as one will be prepared to do various tasks that careers demand as well as meet job standards.

I also believe education is important because it helps us develop a unique perspective of looking at life. Education has played a major role for all individuals in the society. It has allowed the community to succeed both socially and economically by enabling it to develop common culture and values. Education is the reason our world is the way it is today, doctors have been close to finding cures for cancer because of a higher education; our technology has been enriched compared to the 19th century all because of education.

If the importance of education is not recognized, then someday education will become less relevant. Education serves to unite and strengthen our country. Without education people would not be able to distinguish right from wrong. If this should happen, then our society will find itself at a large disadvantage compared to other countries. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” once said by a wise man name Nelson Mandela, and that is why I strongly agree why education is important.

kian shaw likes this.
  3. dayunior27

dayunior27 New Member

Yes, and it can't be changed. In this world, there's a competition, there's a both sides to compete each other, so as we -- we also compete the struggles of this world. But first, we need education, the essential tool to success.

Look to the successful people. Those are having an education based on their professions, except those people who living on their sin. Without education, what else we can do? Do nothing? No! We must educate ourselves to learn the aspects of this lives.

With or without diploma, we can be successful, but we must educated to get a job, make a business and most importantly, to be a productive human being. That is our one of the purpose of living, to be productive, to be a reponsible person.

4. Esbonn

Esbonn New Member

Sometimes the very topic of ‘education being the key to a successful life' is intriguing because it looks like it is one of the most less understood subjects. First, we are all products of education, and secondly, we are wearing ourselves out day and night to give our children a good education. That aside, education is always the key. In as much as some great ideas seem to have flourished without much schooling, it took education to develop them into the magnificent wonders they are. My take, even the best of ideas require education for them to be relevant and much education without zeal and wisdom is of little impact in life.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  5. Kimie Kate Majait

Kimie Kate Majait New Member

I believe EDUCATION will always be the KEY to SUCCESS. Learning is a continuous process in our lives and we should educate ourselves everyday for many things even outside school's topics and teachings. For me, in order for a person to succeed or to reach his/her goal and dream, he/she must educate him/herself first to gain knowledge in the field he/she is taking. I think we don't only get education in school because it is everywhere and anyone can be our teacher.

6. Lillymunyua

Lillymunyua New Member

Education is not really the key to success because, some people have succeeded without it. It only depends on your creativity and where you come from. Also, people talented with various skills have been successful.

Some people have become millionaires through running, whereby they participate in marathon championships and they emerge winners. Others come from wealthy families, of which they get to inherit property from their parents making them become successful. Creativity too has led to success, whereby one comes up with an idea to do something which generates income to them.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    njigs and kian shaw like this.
  7. DenisMNE

DenisMNE New Member

Although you might hear a lot of people who boost about billionaires that made a lot of money who were dropouts from schools, education is the best chance for you to succeed.

Of course, some countries have it better than others when it comes down to educational systems, but if you are a person that is willing to work hard and expand knowledge for ever, than only sky is the limit.

Education is important and one should try to pursue the highest possible degree in whatever they seem that will fit them.

I feel bad that a lot of young people do not have access to proper education and that makes me sad.

So, if you have possibility to go to school and be successful, go for it and think about those who do not have that opportunity.

You can be the person that can make it possible for them.

8. kian shaw

kian shaw New Member

I have always admired people that made a name for themselves without any degrees or educational background as that is a great and substantial indication that they have the right mindset and tools to succeed and achieve whatever they dream of, but education will always be the most essential and vital tool to succeed as it helps in giving and providing you with opportunities that otherwise wouldn't be accessible or possible without it. Overall whether you rely on your education or not, it will always help you in terms of managing your day to day activities and have a better understanding of your surrounding environment.

njigs likes this.
  9. Anne Gabrielle David

Anne Gabrielle David New Member

Yes. Education is one of the key to success. A politician once said "The more educated you are, the less chance of you becoming poor" which is one of my favorite quotes because it is true. You can't get a job without a specific quality that the company is looking for and some of those qualities are only obtained through education. I said in my first statement that education is only one of the keys to success because there are so many factors and keys to success aside from having a good educational background, you must also possess the skills and the perseverance to work hard so that you will be successful. My professor once said that "The more effort you put in your work and the more determined you are and the more diligent you are is much more better than a smart person" and I think that is one of the main reason why I said that education is only one of the key so don't be discouraged if you only finish High school because it will never be the measurement of your success. :)

10. Akinola Adetola

Akinola Adetola New Member

I support your submission on this topic.

Yes indeed our education sector needs to be readjusted. Many schools today are not training students to be financially independent when they graduate.

In fact many schools' curriculum are outdated and cannot help the 21st generation youths again. Most schools train students to graduate and go and be building other people's dreams.

Schools need to introduce entrepreneurship programs that can help the students after graduation.

11. RecoverAll

RecoverAll New Member

Education is a tool to assist you in achieving success. In my view there is no such thing as a key to success neither is there a door,or doors to success. Success is achieved through the timely and consistent input of requisite effort,the right mindset and the correct application of a tool or a set of tools designed to assist in achieving success.

12. jess7kelly

jess7kelly New Member

I think education is definitely an important part to success, however social skills are even more important. There are many people lacking social skills and it makes an impact on their profession. There is an even greater need for social skills today with all the technology.

13. billwaf

billwaf New Member

Well, success generally narrows down to how an individual perceives it. That's just according to me as many see it as having a lot of material possession like posh cars and houses. On the other hand some see it as being well equipped academically. To answer your question, yes it is true that education is the key to success but not the only key as prominent people in the society of today either had little or none of it @Dennis.

14. Vosti wesh

Vosti wesh New Member

I strongly agree that we are so tied up to the social expectations forgetting exactly what we really want. We have abandoned talents in pursuit of courses that are not in our interests and this interferes with our mental safety. I strongly disagree with the education system in our modern society where people with different skills and abilities are put under a common test (i.e exam). This slowly demolishes the self-esteem of those who do have interests in books but are very good at other things. Education is good but only if the sytem would change.

15. benG

benG New Member

Schooling is often an important step in our lives but the real education that makes us successful in life takes place outside the controlled environment of a classroom.Schools are designed on the assumption that there is a secret to everything in life, that the quality of life depends upon knowing that secret, which can only be known in an orderly successions,and that only teachers can properly reveal these secrets. An individual with a schooled mind conceives of the world as a pyramid of classified packages accessible only to those who carry the proper tags.In our fast moving, information-based society badly needs people who know how to find facts rather than memorize them, and who know how to cope with change in creative ways. You don’t learn those things in school.

16. biz

biz New Member

I believe education is the most important tool you can receive, that can bring you most success in society today. Education lessens the challenges you will face in life. The more knowledge you gain the more opportunities will open up to allow individuals to achieve better possibilities in career and personal growth. Education has played an important role in the career world of the twenty-first century. A person with a higher education will be easily qualified compared to a person with an extended education; as one will be prepared to do various tasks that careers demand as well as meet job standards.
    I also believe education is important because it helps us to develop a unique perspective of looking at life. Education has played a major role fo all individuals in the society. It has allowed the community to succeed both the socially and economically by enabling it develop common culture and values. Education is the reason our world is the way it as today, doctors have been close to finding cures for cancer because of a higher education; our technology has been enriched compared to 19th century all because of education.
    If the important of education is not recognized, then someday education will become less relevant. Education serves to unite and strengthen our country. Without education people would not be able to distinguish right from wrong. If this should happen, then our society will find itself at a large disadvantage compared to other countries. " Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" once said by a wise man named Nelson Mandela, and that is why I strongly agree why education is important.

17. Wanj 33

Wanj 33 New Member

Wisdom is the key. In Sub-Saharan Africa, talent is the main key to success. I would encourage parents to nurture their children and help them develop their talents. We have many great footballers ,actors,musicians who have succeeded with little or no education at all.

Maybe it's different in other parts of the world , but in Kenya education stopped being the key long time ago and what sells here is how well connected one is not the number of school certificates one has. Unfortunately, that's the sad truth.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  18. Arian

Arian New Member

Yes it is...education is very import to all individual especially to the young once...in all over the world there is an educational institution or school that are use to educate people...even though its a long process just endure it because education is the key to our success...

19. Wikdfury

Wikdfury New Member

There's a difference between education and credentials. Education is they key to success but not necessarily credentials. Many do not fit the mold needed to be successful I standard education settings. We have set parameters to education that cause many to fail and rack up debit. We have attempted to give a reliable way to prove someone's level of education that is exclusive and difficult to achieve. I believe we need a new system. We need to be able to learn without boundaries and educate our youth to be ready forthe real world. I definitely believe in education but I do not support our current system of credential based learning.

20. Liza40

Liza40 New Member

It's necessary but it is not a must. I have seen people who are not necessarily learned employing people with MBAs. I have also seen others who are learned and making nothing from their incomes compared to what a person who is not learned is earning.
    I will always advise you to look for Wisdom over Knowledge. It is a wise man who will employ a knowledgeable man. I like what famous men have said about education and success: Bill gates always failed in his college exams, he was perhaps busy developing programs and so on. He ended up employing his classmates who passed so well in their college exams.
    This explains why education only is not the key to success.