IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it good to leave the children alone with the internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Zephaniah, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Zephaniah

Zephaniah New Member

We can allow our children to do other things like play computer games or watch TV but is it good to leave the children alone with the internet and why?

2. RedFox01

RedFox01 New Member

Sometimes it is. Depending on the child, they could be curious and do research on things and increase their intelligence. While others could do things that are not age appropriate. When I was in high school, I was curious and researched a lot of things, while at the same time I wasn't focused about school. (felt to easy)

3. BlazingFlash97

BlazingFlash97 New Member

Children should not be completely alone with the internet. It is always good to cover what they are viewing for their own safety and for your peace of mind. Yes it is ok to give said child space but not too much. That is what the parents job is for, to guide him/her away from danger and explicit exposure.

4. axl2468

axl2468 New Member

If you don't have a program to prevent them from visiting restricted sites, I don't suggest you leave your children alone using the internet. The internet is like the Wild West; you have to be careful when surfing through to avoid sites which are not for children. Your child could also be a victim of scamming or child predators, so that's also something to be careful of.