IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is It Necessary To Own A Computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by TheBr7, Jan 3, 2016.

1. TheBr7

TheBr7 New Member

I believe that computers are a necessity in a person's life and they are very helpful, because on a computer you can store a vast amount of information, rather than trying to remember something in your head or writing it down in a notebook, this makes a computer very handy.

Several years ago, many people owned Desktop Computers that were stationary, bulky and very heavy, this made it very difficult for people to transport them around.

However, today there are Netbook computers, they are portable, lightweight and compact, so that people can carry them around everywhere, I realize that in the past owning a computer was very expensive for many people, but today, computers are very inexpensive.

A person could purchase a used computer for less than a $100 on eBay or Craigslist, if they really needed one.

Therefore, I feel that there's no reason why a person can't own a computer.

What do you think?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. tony

tony New Member

No no, I think own a computer very good, because of you can play game, work, chat, do anything in computer.
    For me, Computer is cheap nowaday and very very very good

3. luisalex96

luisalex96 New Member

It's great to have a PC and an internet connection in each home. But,we can't say that it is an absolute necessity in each homes. There are numerous utilizations on the off chance that you have a PC at home. It helps us to make any kind of work all that much less demanding. It will likewise help in our study matter. Presently, numerous pursuit machines are accessible where we can get any kind of information.It additionally offers us in minimizing the telephone some assistance with billing on the off chance that we are calling to different nations. So,we can't say there is no need of PC as a method for conveying individuals abroad. Presently a days,we can likewise hear their sound and even see them! At that point why can't everyone simply purchase a PC and an internet connection.

PCs are not necessary but rather are essential, it relies on upon ones necessities, time close by, calling and so on. PCs can give us parcel of data however it can't supplant educators, comparably one can convey speedier yet an individual touch to it is required. One can get to it in cybercafe if not at home according to necessity, but rather scarcely can live without utilizing it.

4. smee

smee New Member

The variety of uses indicates that the computer may soon become commonplace in the home.Still it depends upon the financial situation and need of a person.But now people who don't know much about computers very difficult to deal because we have to depend everything on computer like paying bills,money transaction and information's. It's necessary to learn because things will develop too quickly otherwise one will not be able to cope with new technological events.Computers influence day today life more rapidly than you think.

5. whitney fry

whitney fry New Member

The computer has already become a staple in the home, and for those who have not made purchasing one a necessity it will most certainly negatively impact their household's earning potential. PC's are responsible for almost 20 percent of the training required for customer service jobs and overall educational needs around the world. It is far easier and cost efficient to manage people in their own homes and do away with the ever rising real estate hikes, while enabling business to thrive providing economic relief to the masses.

6. Hudson Thompson

Hudson Thompson New Member

I agree that a computer is worthwhile to buy, and a necessity in a home nowadays. To successfully function, and earn money you will most likely be using a computer and that is the main reason a computer would be necessary. All of this, not mentioning that there are definitely other interesting things you can do to pleasure yourself on a computer.

Subsequently a computer is definitely necessary in a workplace nowadays, if not a home.

7. Kaynil

Kaynil New Member

I think the computer is a great tool that now has become very common in many homes. Many people rely on a computer to make things easier, business use computers to automate things and it definitely has helped us overall. However I see it more like a privilege than a necessity.

If you need to go online you can rent time to use one in some places or remain connected with a smartphone. Right now we're in a period of transition where a lot of things we used to handle face to face are done online, like resume handling. I can understand that there are situations in which owning a computer is a necessity and I don't mean to invalidate these experiences with my past statement. I think in general there are ways around without a computer or a smartphone but as it becomes more commonplace and affordable it might become a need.

praveen and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  8. Memelordjuli

Memelordjuli New Member

It is a necessity to have some form of computing device in any household. It doesn't have to be a huge powerful desktop, but at least something is important. Even owning an iPad would be alright because one can do the basics such as surfing the web, email, etc. Everyone should have access to the Internet in some way because so many things are online now.

9. yowsef24

yowsef24 New Member

It is necessary to own a personal computer as for this day most of the communication and transaction goes through computer and this makes it more convenient to the user to transact with the other user for personal use. Also, this day more of the documents and other paper process works through computer and having one is a much better option for you.

10. rbj8611

rbj8611 New Member

I believe that some type of computer with an internet connection is needed in every household; whether PC, Mac, Android, Apple, etc. A computer may not be necessary for survival, but without one the people of the household are missing out on tons of needed information, job leads, education, and ease of access to many portals/outlets. I can't imagine living comfortably without one.

11. naveengondi

naveengondi New Member

Computer is basic need for everyone.In today world we need computer to work online and to search for information online.

12. Alex Marasco

Alex Marasco New Member

I do not think it is 100% necessary as of today, but this generation is certainly progressing to the point of computers being 100% necessary.

A person could probably do quite a lot in life without a computer, but it would be very difficult in these days. It would also be very inconvenient to the point of some person just buying a computer to avoid all the those problems. Many daily tasks have become easier to complete with computers. Not having a computer just makes the task more difficult than it needs to be.

13. Sequiter

Sequiter New Member

Computers are a necessity, I realized how much I needed computers and by extension the internet this past month. I had some issues with my computer that took a few weeks to solve. Since I receive my utilities via email, all my meetings and friends information is all stuck on my computer I was at a loss. Though logically I know I can live without computers, it is not water, food or air. I work online and it is part of my live, I can use my phone for most simples things, like check my email, but posting can be complicated.

14. nerdieeds

nerdieeds New Member

Computers made life easy - for those who can't afford to have their computer can go to a shop for rentals. It is a necessity for a family whose kids are students. Computers are helpful for their homework and researches. And nowadays, it is very helpful to connect with loved ones abroad.

15. Belovedad

Belovedad New Member

I don't think it is necessary to own a computer. I do recommend owning one but it's not like you can't live without it. There are many alternatives for computers these days and more will come. It would be better if you had one in my opinion but it's not a necessity.

16. Shammy

Shammy New Member

It depends, but in general it's necessary to own a computer if you want your life to be easier. That being said, with the current rise of mobile phones you can do just fine without a computer as long as you have a decent phone, you can do 85% of all the things you are able to do on your computer on it, and you can buy a good, refurbished phone for as low as $100.

If you're looking to do more complex things like video editing or programming you're going to need a good computer, you can't cut any corners here. Good hardware and software are important if you want to do your "job" well.
    Older people live just fine without a computer, my father for example only uses his phone to browse the internet and check up on news, he doesn't need a computer. It's definitely possible to live without one.

17. Laura

Laura New Member

It is not inherently necessary to own a computer but it is highly not recommended to not own one in this day and age. I agree TheBr7 that there is no reason why someone cannot own a computer. I strongly think that everyone living in our times should own at least one computer. It will make a tremendous deal in their lives. All that information must be a majesty.

18. ocrese

ocrese New Member

I would have to agree with some of the comments here, although computers are not raelly a basic necessity for human kind, seeing the future we're headed everyone at some point would at least need to know their way around a computer.

And if you actually think about it, most people in America actually own more than one computer since smartphones are literally small computers. That definitely tells you something and gives you a hint about where we're heading. I wouldn't call a computer completely necessary right now but I think it would be in the future.

19. xTinx

xTinx New Member

It all depends on where you get your income and what you do on a daily basis. I'm a writer so having a computer and an Internet connection are absolutely necessary for me. My dad, a retired policeman, doesn't use the computer and is now focusing on carpentry and farming jobs at home. He doesn't need a computer to get things done.

20. zeratul

zeratul New Member

For some, owning a computer is not a necessity specially if you only need one for social media or communication. A cheap smartphone can serve that purpose anytime. However, if you're working online, then you'll absolutely need a computer and an internet collection. In addition, if you're looking at opportunities that don't require that much investment but can potentially be a big moneymaker and generator of passive income, then owning a computer and having your own internet connection would be a potent combination nowadays.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016