IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is it Possible to live without TV?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Germain MUHIRWA, May 29, 2015.

1. Aditya tripathi

Aditya tripathi New Member

Nowadays we can get a lot more than T.V. on online. So, it's obvious to refer online sites, app or channel to watch anything which we get on T.V.

2. Antonio Savannah

Antonio Savannah New Member

Living without TV is possible. There are other ways to watch TV like on your smartphone as well as your computer. People may find it annoying just to watch TV. They may want to read books, go out for a walk, or take on new hobbies.

3. wasswa sharif

wasswa sharif New Member

For my case it is very hard but possible because when we had just moved to our house which was new right then, it was not finished, no electricity for about two years. Although sometimes we could put on the generator but only at night.

4. Liam

Liam New Member

no chance i watch about 12 hours a day lol

5. Lagidi prasanth

Lagidi prasanth New Member

Yeah, Talk to each other. Listen to music. Sing together. Read. Garden. Clean the windows, then watch the birds outside. Go for a walk. Visit neighbours and friends. Clean the house. Sort and fold the washing, and put it away before the kids run out of clean clothes in their drawers.

Personally, I don't know how people with a TV get anything done. That two to three hours a day average is an awful lot of time they're never going to get back.

6. EJ Burg

EJ Burg New Member

YES IT IS! haha I haven't watched TV for about 8 years now but I do read news online and stream movies on my computer. anyway uhm when I was younger I used to love TV and if you asked that question then my answer would have been "NOPE" but after I quit TV I found my day to feel longer and it seems there is finally time for me to get everything done that I want to do. With computer playing such a big role in our daily need when it comes to work of multi media I think the TV might be becoming obsolete but that just my opinion.

7. VLXF

VLXF New Member

It is very possible, and of course people have done so for centuries and in many regions of the world people still do. Besides that the most important content is also found on the internet and can be streamed if necessary. Basically it's all about the content, not the medium, and TV is becoming a somewhat outdated model for content delivery. For many people it provides everything they wish on a content level, for many others it doesn't offer enough dimensions of freedom.

8. Ashley Dvorak

Ashley Dvorak New Member

Most definitely is possible, I never watch TV. I do not feel that it stimulates my mind or challenges it in anyway. I prefer a book that challenges my mind to go somewhere that it has never been before. It increases my knowledge in life and prepares me for the real world. TV is a complete waste of time you are not improving yourself in anyway. I value this precious life God has given me and I am not going to waste it watching other people live, I want something tangible and real for my one visit here.

9. AnthonyB

AnthonyB New Member

I would guess isT's very possible to live without television. I'm not saying that I can, or even have. There was a time that I did, but that was a relatively short amount of time. I went back to it later… I guess if you put your attention to greater use and actually exercised your brain or body, then it is possible to live without TV. It's probably a lot healthier for you anyway. Hopefully, at some point in my life, I'll be able to get to that state of mind.

10. Uchenna Okunna

Uchenna Okunna New Member

Living without TV is possible. People in third world countries have areas with limited electricity so for some, TV might not be an option. They use the little electricity that they have to power their cellphones because communication is more important than entertainment and information. Some African countries have more cellphones than TVs or even toilets. Prioritizing business over pleasure is the key to survival in those areas. I reside in New York city and I cut down on Television use because the rent here is so high. Most of my income goes into paying rent so I cut corners by lowering my electricity bill with less Television viewing while I use the Internet for entertainment and business. I have to limit my internet entertainment hours so I can work with my PC to pay rent. Moreover I feel that Television viewing is a waste of time especially if one over does it because too much TV rots the brain according to research. I am sure that people in prisons especially in the aforementioned developing countries don't watch TV for a long time.

11. ashleiy

ashleiy New Member

Absolutely! I personally can not remember the last time I sat down to watch TV, but then again I am always on my laptop watching a series or two.
    I think if you have high speed internet and a laptop you can pretty much do away with the TV. Right? just my opinion anyway. :)

12. Tiile24

Tiile24 New Member

Hell yhh!! Today's world sees the "almost" latest internet technology and crazy connectivity. It won't pluck a leaf to quit TV forever as today everything is online including TV programs...yhh almost everything :D
    Even more interesting stuff can be found on the internet than on TV.
    So in short, yhh I can do without the internet and do perfectly well.

13. Qasim Anwar

Qasim Anwar New Member

Just like we can't live without the basic necessities of our life i.e. food, cloth and shelter it is also very difficult to ignore the importance of television. This is because technology provides us so much comforts and ease in our life and that's why we can't afford to lose such benefits. But a person like me who can indulge in so many other activities like gaming, reading,cooking and whatever is a pretty good sign that survival without television is possible particularly for some short or may be long time frame.

14. keithjuma

keithjuma New Member

I think it depends with an individual. As for me, I can't live without it,I cant even imagine a life without TV ! I am so into series and movies,in fact you can call me a movie buff but Hey! There people out there who are not into TV cause they have some other hobby or stuff that keeps their Adrenaline high and heart pumping.

15. kobiman

kobiman New Member

By watching television, one needs to be clear here. Is it watching television programs on a television set or generally watching television programs?

Usually, television programs and series are available on the internet as well. So if you mean watching programs on the TV set, I'll say for me it's a BIG no. I can't actually remember the last time I watched a program on a TV set. I've been an internet freek of late and always online. For the past four years, I hardly watched the TV set unless for important football matches. This goes without the saying that, I virtually spend 24hrs daily on my Personal Computer: either playing games, browsing or watching a movie.

More to the above, with the recent advancements in communication technology such as 4G internet connection, browsing is even better and more interesting. And obviously, everything telecast on TV sets is on the internet as well.

16. solehah1293

solehah1293 New Member

It is possible to live without TV. This is because TV is what we want to have in our life, not what we need. As we know, there are three things that we really need the most in our life (basic needs) which are foods, cloths and shelter. Others will be things that we want.

I have a friend who his entire family did not watch TV at all. There will have other activities to occupy their free time such as reading, sharing knowledge, study, etc. However, it still depends on the individuals themselves on how they treat TV in their lives, either something they need or want.

17. Tuphan143

Tuphan143 New Member

Is it extremely possible? onerous to mention, since today we've the PCs with high-speed net to virtually totally replace it. Everything i would like, like shows, news, soccer matches, etc., I will watch on-line with no issues. So, yes, I suppose {you will|you'll|you'll be able to} say that you just can live while not TV as long as you have got a tool with net access to switch it.

18. caiocoutinho17

caiocoutinho17 New Member

Nowadays? Yes, easily. And I will go beyond, years from now there won't be TV channels anymore, everything will be on the internet right away, clicks from distance. Even big TV channels are using streaming services on the internet as well, HBO for example.

19. Elvis271

Elvis271 New Member

Yes you can live without a Television. Back in the days, People lived normally before the TV was discovered. In today's world, the TV has been treasured as part of life and for some people it has become addictive due to spending a lot of time on it. You can live without a TV but if it's a must, you better build a schedule for watching, which also should be inclusive of other daily activities.

20. Yllorrina

Yllorrina New Member

I guess it is really possible to live without a television for me, but at least give me a PC and an Internet connection. I can't even remember the last time I watched something on TV. I watch movies on my PC but I never find time to watch stuff on TV like the news or anything. I can live without a television but I think it would be a lot hard for me if I would need to live without the internet and my PC.