IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is Kali Linux as complicated as they say?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Martin Ndegwa, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Martin Ndegwa

Martin Ndegwa New Member

Of late i have been having this desire to access free internet in my country, was it even possible? Well, it turns out it is very possible.

The downside of my struggle came when i met a hacker on Telegram and they adviced me on how to access free internet. The first requirement was to learn Kali Linux. I had never heard the word before. I did my research and I was able to download a few ebooks about the topic.

One thing is for sure, Kali Linux is not a program to be used by novices. They clearly state this on their website.

2. pixelex

pixelex New Member

I don't know what you mean by free internet but keep in mind that Kali Linux is a hacking tool. If you want free internet as in being able to access websites that are blocked in your country then you need to get the tor browser. Now that that is out of the way yes Kali Linux is extremely complicated. First, you must learn basic Linux commands. Easy enough? Now the fun part begins, you must learn the individual commands for each tool you are going to use. That can be 100-1000 of commands just to do a simple task.

3. Shade812

Shade812 New Member

Kali Linux was built for Penetration Testing (Ethical Hacking). It is a version of Debian with lots of essential programs pre-installed. If you want to access the internet in an area that restricts access, the best thing to use would be a VPN (Virtual Private Network). There are many free ones out there, though I would recommend a paid service. I use ExpressVPN, but I heard that NordVPN is also pretty good.

Good luck.