IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is marijuana medically beneficial?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by William Penn, Jun 22, 2018.

1. William Penn

William Penn New Member

I believe so,I’ve seen cases of it curing epilepsy and stopping there seizure.It can be used to fight depression,insomnia,fight appetite loss and more.

2. Marie83

Marie83 New Member

Absolutely not! They do not have enough research to back this up. It is annoying to me that people claim these medical "cures" like cancer and epilepsy. Doctors are going to school for a reason. If people are going to use a drug they need to not work or be operating any such machinery. Pot impairs you. It damages your brain. I am not a fan that they have made this drug legal. I am very concerned because I hope and pray my son doesn't touch this garbage. IF there is no medical research it should not be used to claim these things. I can't stand people that believe in this and the CBD oils. It stinks too. I despise people who smoke this crap. It makes you not function and apparently hungry. I wouldn't want to live like that.

3. Olaf

Olaf New Member

I totally disagree with everything @Marie83 just said. Many doctors are learning that despite their training in medicine and science, they have been brainwashed like just about every other person on this planet. Marijuana is not only not a dangerous drug, but indeed it is remarkably nontoxic.

Studies have shown that cancer patients who smoke marijuana before chemotherapy sessions, don't experience nausea or vomiting, unlike those who don't. Also, you cannot find a single case in the world literature of someone who died from cannabis.

4. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member

A Chemical found in cannabis stops cancer from spreading.
    CBD may help prevent cancer from spreading, researchers at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco reported in 2007.

Cannabidiol stops cancer by turning off a gene called Id-1, the study, published in the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, found. Cancer cells make more copies of this gene than non-cancerous cells, and it helps them spread through the body.

The researchers studied breast cancer cells in the lab that had high expression levels of Id-1 and treated them with cannabidiol. After treatment the cells had decreased Id-1 expression and were less aggressive spreaders.

In "WEED," Gupta also mentioned a few studies in the U.S., Spain, and Israel that suggest the compounds in cannabis could even kill cancer cells.

5. Elighta

Elighta New Member

Absolutely no @William Penn, use of marijuana can cause mental health problems. Daily marijuana use is believed to exacerbate existing symptoms of bipolar disorder among people who have this mental health problem.
    It can also course testicular cancer. Although there is no evidence to suggest any link between using marijuana and an increased risk for most cancers, the National Academies of Sciences did find some evidence to suggest an increased risk for the slow-growing seminoma subtype of
    testicular cancer.
    In addition, regular marijuana smoking is linked to increased risk of chronic cough, but "it is unclear " whether smoking marijuana worsens lung function or increases the risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or
    asthma .