IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Is there a probability that a kpop ship can sail?

Discussion in 'Music' started by GoddessOfYaoi, May 15, 2020.

?

is there a possibilty?

1. yes

2. no

3. maybe

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GoddessOfYaoi

GoddessOfYaoi New Member

I've been into kpop for over 2 years now, and there is a thing that is unavoidable in every kpop groups and it's fandom.. and it is 'shipping'. There are a lot of theorists out there saying that their ships are true based on the the contents from their idols which are free and paid (some are actually taken from a private activity) and some saying the acts are just 'skinships'.

Now i'm wondering whether a 'ship' can sail or not. As a shipper myself, i'm very curios if my ship can sail or not. I'm not assuming my idols' sexuality, but my curiosity go the best of me.

2. Eunbi Jung

Eunbi Jung New Member

Shipping, like what GoddessofYaoi said, is inevitable in every K-Pop group. There are always ships, whether of the same groups, or of different groups. It has been acceptable in the so-called K-Pop world, but anything exceeding to that can be called out as delusional.

The ships, whether from the same group or not, or whether it's a heterosexual ship or not, have a chance to be true. Idols are also human beings, able to love and have a relationship. Not all ships come true, but some ships really do sail—though it is very much rare.