IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Java or C#

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Igor Jovanovic, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Java or C#?

1. Java

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. C#

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Igor Jovanovic

Igor Jovanovic New Member

For quite some time, I was trying to figure out which one is better to learn. I've read different opinions from all over the internet and it doesn't really help. Some say Java is more applicable, some say C# is better for beginners etc.

So I figured that I could ask you guys what do you think, Java or C# for a beginner?

2. SammieSamSam

SammieSamSam New Member

Both people are correct, sure. C# is easier to learn, but the advantage of Java is it also runs on linux based operating systems. so if you really want to develop stuff for multiplatform, think Java, if you want to learn really easy, and are willing to adapt to another language, go for C# :)

3. Skysnap

Skysnap New Member

As far as the market demand is concerned, I'd go with Java. It has established set of tools and documentation. Compared to C#, they have more number of tools available for doing the automation tasks. In case of C#, the amount of open source software is relatively less. And you'd find that C# has very limited community of users compared to Java.

Both languages are relatively easy to learn. And advantage of Java, is that it can be used for Desktop, Web and for Android. C# on the other hand has its of features that can be used on desktop, web and mobile.