IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

job opportunities

Discussion in 'News' started by suleman, Aug 22, 2017.

1. suleman

suleman New Member

Does technology help to create jobs opportunity?

Attached Files:

2. Richauthor

Richauthor New Member

The answer to that question is definitely a yes, one can't write off the high magnitude of job opportunities that technology has opened to mankind.
    Presently i see it as a big boaster and key solution to solving most unemployment challenges.

3. Rebekah Smith

Rebekah Smith New Member

I believe that technology both creates and eliminates jobs. As automation increases, the need for human capital is significantly reduced. Computers and robots are doing many of the jobs individuals did in the past. This is both good and bad. For example, some of the more dangerous or labor-intensive jobs have become automated, which may result in reduced injuries and deaths on the job. In addition, smaller tasks that used to take a significant amount of time, such as calculations, are now done automatically, freeing employees and businesses to focus on more vital tasks.

Technology has increased technology-development, use, and support jobs. Technology frees individuals to work from anywhere, and companies are able to operate in multiple locations and hire individuals all over the world. However, we have become more sedentary, sitting at desks to complete our work, which can cause health issues. As any other form of progress, there will be winners and losers as technology becomes more prevalent.

4. saha106

saha106 New Member

Technology does and does not. It is typical for persons to say technology makes human resource redundant. However, in many cases although technology comes about some form of manual labor is necessary in operating machinery.

5. ichipink

ichipink New Member

I think technology has its ups and downs for job hunters. Since technology helps create more jobs for skilled individuals, it creates opportunities for call centers or online income earners. On the other hand, technology can also reduce job openings for labor workers. Farms & factories replaced men with machines for speed in production. So I think technology can be beneficial, but it is also a threat to job opportunities.

6. oneboops

oneboops New Member

Yes and no. I think technology helps grow jobs in many various aspects. It helps businesses run smoothly and seamlessly. On the other hand, technology is becoming so smart that real workers seem useless and costly to employers. It is way cheaper to invest in technology (that never clocks out and doesn't need a paycheck). In the future, I see technology taking more than 50% of the jobs Worldwide. It is a sad but true reality. I guess the real question is, what are we going to do about this technology taking our jobs?

7. Morgan2290

Morgan2290 New Member

Yes. It may cause redundancies which is a sad reality but we are living in an age of information and technological advances are inevitable.
    I have recently lost my job (in the IT space) due to automation, this has resulted in me learning more about AI and recent relevant tech. We must adapt or be left behind.

8. Snickerdudell

Snickerdudell New Member

Businesses create jobs. Those businesses can innovate by using technology or not, depending on the goals of the business and the desired outcomes. For instance, if the business model is to sell hand-crafted items, replacing craftspeople with robots is not going to further the goals of the company. However, if those same craftspeople can use machines to do some of the tedious tasks that have nothing to do with the artistry they put into the product, then it will be beneficial to them and the company to do so. The machines will free up the artist to do what they do best. They'll be able to produce more.

9. motionjess

motionjess New Member

I believe when it comes to job hunting it can be beneficial because there are many sites and ways to apply for work. Facebook now has an instant apply button for some of my local businesses. With that being said they also respond a lot quicker and you can get notifications when they look at your application. Although the instant response is beneficial when you're in a hurry to get a job. This can be detrimental because so many people can just change their work history quickly and get the upper hand on a job they may not be qualified for the job.

10. Victory Okojie

Victory Okojie New Member

Definitely it's a Yes, technology has brought a great huge growth and development. It's impact in creating jobs can not be over emphasized although it's mostly favourable for the science field.