IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Keyboard or Controler?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rachel83az, Apr 17, 2015.

1. rachel83az

rachel83az New Member

When playing a video game on the computer, do you prefer to use a keyboard or a controller? Personally, I think I would prefer to use a controller for most games. I'm left handed and find that most keyboard controls are set up with a right handed gamer in mind. On the other hand, controllers are usually set up so that they don't favor either left or right handed people.

2. Underdog

Underdog New Member

Depends a bit on the game, but barring FPS games controller is simply a better way to go. Personally I just use my PS3 controllers on PC if I happen to come across a non-FPS game that I wish to play.

3. robertan111

robertan111 New Member

I've been using a keyboard and mouse since I started playing games on my PC and honestly I just can't use a controller. In FPS games (especially CS:GO) it's almost impossible to use a controller, so that's why I just prefer keyboard and mouse.

4. Rex

Rex New Member

It also depends on the game in my case. For sport games and racing I usually use the controller. It's much more comfortable for these purposes. Also most games that don't require a mouse are nice to play with a controller. Otherwise, I usually use my mouse and keyboard for most of the other games, especially FPS games where using a controller just becomes a bit tiresome and frustrating.

5. sasuke

sasuke New Member

Keyboard, but only because I don't own a controller atm.

6. kikofran

kikofran New Member

It depends on the game, shooting games prefer the keyboard, more car games prefer the controller, and depends upon these used, I am more used to the keyboard I prefer the keyboard to the controller. :)

7. bRRKAll

bRRKAll New Member

Depends on the game.. if you play a fps in my opinion is better one keyboard and mouse. But if you play a car games or similar to Assassin's Creed/Far Cry and other i like more a controller. Also if you play one sport game (FIFA, PES or other) i like more a controller too.

8. Leky

Leky New Member

Depends on the game of course. Some strategic or FPS are awful with controller but racing and sports games are much better with it :)

9. Braids

Braids New Member

Depends of the game.
    For me controllers are better for fighting games, platform games and some "action games" like God of War or Darksiders. For some RPGs the controller is better too, depends of the type of RPG.
    For FPS and RTS games the keyboard is "da best".

Of course is all a question of habit too

10. kev-ace

kev-ace New Member

It really depends on what I'm playing. If it is some FPS, I definitely preffer to play with keyboard and mouse. Everything is more precise that way while aiming and moving around. If it is any other genre, then I prefer a joypad.

11. Bladehit

Bladehit New Member

It depends on what type of game it is. If I'm playing a racing or an arcade game I'll go for a controller. If I'm playing a first person shooter I'm going for the keyboard no doubt. You can react a lot faster with a keyboard and mouse configuration.

12. nejnej25

nejnej25 New Member

I do prefer to use a controler. Most of video games are easily to navigate when you use controler for example NBA 2k15 and many more. You can easily tap buttons and grip it well. If you tap with ease you can play well. You can unleash your potential playing games you like.

Keyboards are fun too but if you are playing MMORPG or something like that only. Well, I'm speaking based on my own experience. But if you play video games on computer just go for console. It is more awesome when it comes to video games that are not having internet connections.

13. emjhayeii

emjhayeii New Member

I like to hook up my PC to my TV and play on my couch, but I prefer mouse/keyboard because of its precision.

14. Anonymux

Anonymux New Member

It really depends what games are you playing. If I play a strategy or FPS game, I prefer using keyboard and mouse, because in my opinion it's way easier to operate with those, but if I play a racing game or rpg, then controllers are the way to go, speaking from personal gaming experience.

15. prometeheus

prometeheus New Member

Keyboard, my controller skills are very bad.

16. allcubes

allcubes New Member

controller my keyboard skills are really bad

17. layth02

layth02 New Member

Keyboard and mouse no matter what game I'm playing. It's much more precise and feels more natural to me.

18. ntkwsr

ntkwsr New Member

I use keyboard and mouse on every game that isn't a sports or arcade game. For sport and arcade games, I use a controller instead.

19. Daramola

Daramola New Member

Well, it actually depends on the game and the situation I find myself. For instance, if I'm in a place away from home where I can't use my game pads, I'll resort to my keyboard. Also, if I'm playing a game on my laptop, I'll rather use my keyboard than game pads though it depends on the game as well.

Games like "Call of Duty", "Civilisation", "Football Manager" are better played with keyboard while "FIFA15", "NBA2k15" will require game controllers.

20. bluegreen

bluegreen New Member

As almost everyone said it depends on the game of course. But I personaly prefer controller over keyboard, I'm a console gamer and my skills with the controller are better in most of the genres (FIFA, COD, Battlefield). Its strange to play a FPS using a keyboard and mouse :p And playing with controller is cheaper, you can have a good controller for 30bucks, while you can prepare to spend 50bucks on a decent mouse and other 50bucks on a decent keyboard :p