IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Keyboard or Controler?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rachel83az, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Vvenzy

Vvenzy New Member

Well I personally would choose controller over keyboard, because with the controller you have more flexibility while with the keyboard you are stuck on your desk. However, the controller isn't recommended for every game. I love using it for games such as Super Meat Boy, Speed Runners, etc. Although the FPS games would require keyboard and mouse, because the camera and the movement system is pretty weird using controller.

2. Martin Milcev

Martin Milcev New Member

For most of the games I use keyboard, but i preffer controler for playing fifa/pes games.

3. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji New Member

9 times out of 10 I will use the keyboard and mouse. There are only a few games where a controller is needed in my opinion and that is usually something that is either a racing game, a flight sim and or a fighting game. Outside of those types of games, I can play everything else perfectly fine with my keyboard and mouse and don't see any need to switch to something else.

4. Tiket

Tiket New Member

From my young age to now i always just used the PC with occasional FIFA match on my friends playstation.Its so strange to us a controller while playing first person shooter games i image it feels awkward in hand and i dont think i would be able to hit anyone with it.A good keyboard can be used to play every tipe of games .

5. BatmanNight

BatmanNight New Member

It really depends on the game.For racing games I say keyboard with no exception.For shooters I had more succes with a controler

6. LastHell

LastHell New Member

I prefer the keyboard because it is much more useful

7. Vyom Srivastava

Vyom Srivastava New Member

I'd prefer keyboard because when it comes to playing on a keyboard and mouse, the longer you do it, the better you become. It’s a bit startling at first, learning to use the WASD keys for general movement and tapping number keys to execute spells. Sometimes you'll end up hitting the wrong buttons entirely if you're not used to working on a keyboard, as I learned from my time with the Razer Blade Pro.

Sure, it's more convenient to get character movement and precision aiming from a controller than it is with a mouse and keyboard, especially if you're used to that method. However, fatigue can set in if you play for numerous hours at a time, causing your hands to get sweaty and possibly cramp. It's best to have a control pad with built-in function for comfort, like rubber grips or maybe even AirFlo functionality.

8. poster432

poster432 New Member

I prefer using a keyboard over a controller. I have never owned a real gaming console, like XBox or PlayStation. Therefore, I have never really experienced using a controller.

Whenever I go to my friend's house, I play on his console, and I can never get accustomed to the position of the analog sticks on the controller. For me, it just feels very unnatural. I have always had a keyboard, so I am used to the typical WASD movement that most games employ.

9. keymark

keymark New Member

I always use a keyboard when I want to play video games. I'll use keyboard for every single game that I play, including FIFA. I'm just not suitable for console gaming as I always felt awkward when handling a controller.

10. botiapa

botiapa New Member

Depends on the game, soo like play fps with keyboard and adventure or driver games with controller

11. abenz

abenz New Member

prefer controller coz most of the time i play console games.