IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Laptop or Desktop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Fallarts, Apr 17, 2015.

1. harisali3

harisali3 New Member

I have just upgraded my laptop to HP 15ins notebook with windows 10. I work online so I needed a recognized brand with a fast operating system but something, which for the salesman thought was quite unusual, I was looking for a color model. Definitely not black or silver. So now I have lovely purple laptop with a lovely textured top as-well. Thank you HP. Now when I go into the office I can easily find my laptop from the others. It is also a pleasure to use and look at. I just need to master windows 10!

2. beachinparty

beachinparty New Member

I prefer Laptop because the laptop easily portable. First of all, quieter Laptops.Desktop computers are running too loud and so much bother me. To sum up, Laptop useful,quiet and portable

3. Lythium

Lythium New Member

Being that I participate in online gaming, I prefer a desktop. As much as I like the mobility of a laptop, trying to play first person shooters and MMO's on a laptop is downright awkward to me. I also prefer a large monitor and I find laptop monitors come up short in that department.

4. redckard

redckard New Member

if you are gaming or doing a high end development procedures you should take desktop , if you are just a regular user you should be considering a Laptop :) .

5. Aaron Elson P

Aaron Elson P New Member

I prefer laptop rather than desktop PC, because laptop is easy to bring and more portable than desktop PC.
    I use laptop mostly for school projects so I can easily bring it to school.

6. zombie43211

zombie43211 New Member

I think I would pick desktop as I am not really on the go or out and about. Laptops are portable which means it is perfect for the people on the go and out and about. Also, an advantage of having a desktop is that laptops break more easily as through the time of my life I've had many laptops and desktops which I have experienced that laptops have more issues compared to desktops.

7. youglivvy

youglivvy New Member

One thing everyone forgets when comparing the two is monitor size. After having a desktop with a 21 inch screen, I could not imagine looking at a 17.3 inch monitior. The bigger the monitor the more expensive the laptop, also the battery is part of the expense of the laptop. Unless portability is one of your main concerns, the desktop gives more value per dollar.

8. bharatsharma08

bharatsharma08 New Member

There are pros and cons of everything , and same is the case with desktop and laptop too. My work involves a lot of typing and I am not comfortable typing with a laptop and prefer to use my desktop all the time, but I do like my brother's laptop when I have to access computer away from my house.

9. luxonline2

luxonline2 New Member

I second your thoughts. Yes, it depends on your requirements. The portability factor of laptop is a definite advantage for people who travel a lot. But laptops are not as durable as desktops. Having said that we cannot deny the fact that there are laptop models which are as durable as desktops. Upgrading a desktop is easier than laptops. So, while taking a decision you have to keep in mind your future requirements too.

I have been using a laptop for the last two years and I am pretty happy about it.

10. Sonn1k

Sonn1k New Member

For me, as a gamer, I would choose a desktop computer rather than a laptop. Desktop computers are more powerful than laptop, and a lot cheaper.
    Laptop processors are not only smaller than desktop processors, they're designed to use less energy and produce less heat. There are a several reasons for this: First, laptops usually run on battery life. Because of this, mobile processors are designed to conserve battery life. Second, laptop processors are fitted into a tight, closed chassis, and surrounded by a couple of small fans—and they're still prone to over heating.

Desktop processors, meawnhile, are lucky enough to sip an endless supply of juice from a wall outlet, and they can be surrounded with fans or even a liquid cooling system to keep their temperatures down. Thus, they're not only more powerful, they can also be easily overclocked to run at even higher speeds.

11. tony

tony New Member

if you work in home, I think decktop best, but you always move everywhere, the best is laptop

12. Jacob Monkhouse

Jacob Monkhouse New Member

I think having a laptop is a far more practical option. It does all the things that a regular desk top does but with the added bonus that if you need to use it anywhere else apart from where it sits, then you can. Go for laptop!

13. money_man

money_man New Member

I have both of them, I use laptop for media purposes such as listening to music and watching movies whilst desktop is dedicated for gaming.

14. luisalex96

luisalex96 New Member

Picking between a laptop and desktop can be a troublesome choice. All that really matters comes down to movability. On the off chance that you will require or utilize the versatility of a laptop, then it can be an effective device for you and worth the additional cash. Be that as it may, if the laptop will essentially go about as a desktop with extremely infrequent requirement for compactness, a desktop is likewise a superb decision and far less costly.

Laptops have an incredible point of preference as far as their transportability. In the event that you convey a laptop with you, your applications and records are dependably instantly accessible. With a remote card, your laptop can likewise get to the Web while on the go, so you have more places to do research, check your email, and be more beneficial.

Desktops offer different focal points. Despite the fact that laptop costs have descended and execution has expanded, most desktops offer a superior cost to-execution proportion. Desktops likewise still hold some ergonomic preferences over laptops. Remember that, beside little foot shaped impression desktops, they consume up more room in a flat or living arrangement lobby.

Your choice ought to be construct principally in light of how you plan to utilize your PC and the span of your registering spending plan. I prefer laptops. :D

15. Yuh

Yuh New Member

I prefer laptop since they'r more portable than the computer it has to be a decent one so I can play games that are so low-end. I find it uncomfortable to type on a laptop's keyboard and find the computer's keyboard sounds more pleasing. I always use the internet even when I go out so I bring my laptop with me. Another thing I hate about laptops is that whenever I keep it on for more than 2-4 hours, It overheats and I have to turn it off at some point.

16. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

I think both work separately. One can go for any as per his or her own usage.

Laptop has benefit of portability. So if I am travelling lot and I need my all working stuff with me together then laptop is the best one. On other side I think desktop computer is more durable than laptop. So as per me, if one has normal use of computer then desktop is the better choice. If one need portability option then of course laptop is the better.

17. Harisali5

Harisali5 New Member

I say Desktop. Laptops are good for mobility but if you like gaming, or running multiple programs then I highly recommend getting a desktop. I need a new gaming desktop myself actually :/

18. smee

smee New Member

I case of sales laptops surpassed desktops but both have its pro's and con's.Lap top is portable,has limited upgrade options and use limited electricity.Whereas in desktops it is larger than laptops,powerful hardware and with more upgrade options.Now you can find ready made desktops in affordable rates.If you select custom made desktops its easy to select only the parts you wanted it to have.

Finally, selecting a computer is a personal choice according to the purpose of use.Better do a research before taking a conclusion.

19. Vojislav Djindjic

Vojislav Djindjic New Member

I agree, laptops are great even though you can get a desktop that has better hardware for the same price I prefer the mobility my laptop gives me. Oh the summers I would spend inside would kill me if it weren't for my laptop.

20. shri15

shri15 New Member

When trying to choose, you have to know what your purpose for it is. If you are going to be traveling, you should go for a lightweight laptop. This will provide you will the basics of a computer, and you will easily be able to access your everyday sites. If you are going to be doing some heavy gaming on it, I would recommend going for the desktop, because you will be able to pack more power into it. After all, you will be making the final decision, so know what your purpose is, and trust me, you won't regret your decision.