IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Laptop or Desktop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Fallarts, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Aawdio

Aawdio New Member

I mean both are good but it depends on what your doing. If your planning on gaming then get a desktop but if you travel a lot then get a laptop. But there are gaming laptops. I prefer desktops because I like to game.

2. Jetselle Santos

Jetselle Santos New Member

Personally, I prefer laptop, I used to think differently, but I can't imagine myself working with just a PC. A laptop is indispensable to write in my opinion, I can take it to the library, to my room or almost anywhere I go. If you're not a gamer you can easily find a laptop for your needs. In fact, even gamers can find special laptops for them nowadays.

Of course, a desktop PC is more affordable, the parts are easier to replace and they tend to last longer. For a family I would recommend a desktop PC, but for personal use a laptop is indispensable. A good advice is to look for laptops that are made for "business" and not for the consumer market. Each brand has a special line or family of laptops that are aimed for business use, they tend to be designed to simplify maintenance so you will have more margin to replace parts.

3. brettelizabeth1

brettelizabeth1 New Member

I personally like having a laptop. At my office and at home, I have sort of a hybrid. I have a docking station, that allows me to pop my laptop into it, and I can use multiple screens, a mouse, a key board, and any other hardware that you would normally use with a desktop. When I am done, I simply pop it off of the docking station, and it is free to travel with me. This allows you to not have to choose. You can have a laptop if you need a small computer. But, you can also have a "desktop" if you need more screens. It is also nice, because you always have everything with you. Your documents, settings, apps, and everything else will always be the same (since you use the same computer, just in different ways).

4. hasany123

hasany123 New Member

I love laptop,because laptop can be carried anywhere. You can work on your laptop at home or office as per your convenice, it can also be used during travelling when you can attend to client meeting. As they are light in weight they can be easily carried to anyplace.

5. Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer New Member

It would really depend on what your aiming to do with your computer - if it is mainly for checking emails, listing on ebay then a laptop is best. If you are doing something that requires a lot of processing power, e.g. playing a game or rendering a movie then a desktop would be the way to go.