IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Laptops Better Than Desktop!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by David James, Jun 19, 2017.

1. David James

David James New Member

Yes according to the present technology Laptops are better than Desktops in this way than these are small in size. Laptops are easy to carry and have a small sized more reliable and useable batteries with great timings. Laptops now a days are up to date according to the smartest technology. I am personally using core i7 and it has a great battery timing and it has a fast processing and smart LCD of 17 inches. I personally like Laptops because you can carry these Laptops wherever you want and whenever you want. Laptop provides the better way of computer usage.

2. hahahahaahhalucyucom

hahahahaahhalucyucom New Member

When deciding between purchasing a desktop computer or a laptop computer, you'll need to consider a handful of criteria and make a determination that fits your needs the best. Below is a chart that compares the two types of computers, providing pros and cons for each to help you make a more informed purchasing decision. In the end, the final decision depends on what your needs are. While the above chart may make it look as though Desktop computers are the best overall option, if portability is a big need of yours, the laptop is the best option. There are some limitations to consider, but they are not overly significant for most users.

3. rukshar

rukshar New Member

Yes laptop is better than desktop. Laptop is portable and very small in size as compare to desktop computer. Laptop also works fast as compared to desktop computer. According to our requirements or as our desired we can send or kept it in any type of bag whenever we are going on any type of tour etc.

4. urawa123

urawa123 New Member

For me both laptop and desktop are great though both have pros and cons yet for laptop have a great advantage when your in outdoor because I can manage to do my research or studies in school and easy to bring anywhere with my laptop. For the desktop which is also great for home online games no lags and great specs for my computer which fits to my online and offline games.

5. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Your definition of better can be viewed from two perspectives; better in terms of functionality or better in terms of cost. The latter cannot be ignored as our everyday lives are dictated by money.

In terms of functionality, I will say a Laptop has better specifications to a Desktop in most cases, as in it has an advantage of being mobile, has a better processing speed, better battery-life, better display characteristics and the like.

This notwithstanding, you should not forget that these functionality of the Laptop determines the pace of the price in the market as well. Today we have Laptops of up to 1000s of dollars depending on it's specifications.

So the final decision rests in your pocket; the better your pocket, the better machine you will get in the market.

6. Duke

Duke New Member

When comparing the two ' laptops and desktops', here the deciding factor is portability. . Being able to check email, chat online, write papers and play video games anytime, anywhere may be worth giving up power and functionality. This is particularly true if you use your computer primarily for checking email and completing schoolwork. If this is the case, you likely don’t need all of the functions and the increased power of a desktop computer. On the other hand, if you are a film student or an avid gamer, you may want to go with a desktop computer, unless you have the expendable income to purchase a high end laptop.
    Essentially, the choice comes down to portability versus functionality and cost. While desktop computers are less expensive, more powerful and more user-friendly, there is a lot to be said for being able to do your homework in a coffee shop and writing term papers on the beach.

7. Roselyn

Roselyn New Member

I agree that both are important based on the point made by Urawa, because it all depends on what you want to achieve. Laptop can be used on lap while watching television or relaxing and its portable to work with and move around with. On the other hand, desktop is purchased for home, schools business. It is fast, cheap, and generate less heat.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017