IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Learn to Code Teach Yourself HTML and CSS

Discussion in 'Programming' started by AYAZ KHAN, Nov 9, 2015.

1. AYAZ KHAN

AYAZ KHAN New Member

Is one of your goals to learn to code, or to teach yourself HMTL and CSS programming? If so, you’re in luck because that’s the topic of today’s video and article.

Before we dive into the specifics of learning to program for the web, let’s address the most important ingredient for teaching yourself to do anything: your mindset.

I love the book by Carol Dweck called Mindset: The New Psychology of Success[​IMG], where she outlines that there are two types of people in the world. Those who believe they can learn and grow (growth mindset), and those feel like they’re “done” and can’t acquire new skills.

In order to learn to code, whether it’s HTML, CSS, PHP, or any other web language out there, you need to have that growth mindset.
    I will discuss more in next topic

2. DannyRiott

DannyRiott New Member

I've always wanted to learn to code. I simply see it as a must know ability for the future. There's also a ton of new jobs that require coding and have great payment. This could be perhaps the one skill that is extremely well paid while working from home. What I wouldn't want to become though, is what a friend once jokingly told me that serious programmers called those that only focused their life to coding: a codemonkey. It seems that you are code savvy, which language do you recommend to start learning? I also agree with you that our mindset is the most important factor to achieve anything durable and worthy in our lives.

3. Mwazaule

Mwazaule New Member

I took an online course in programming and it says that to learn a programming language you should learn the structure of the language then its basic syntax then its basic library files and the user defined ones.
    Programming is about knowing the language structure and meaning of language used.

4. CreoleQueen777

CreoleQueen777 New Member

I always wanted to learn to code. In today's world learn coding is a big skill to have under your belt in the work force. I want to learn so bad, But I don't know where to start. Should I teach myself or have someone else teach me? Which coding language do I start learning first? Which coding language is used more often than others. I have a million in one questions and have no idea how to get the answers.