IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Learning to let go

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pmk1996, Dec 30, 2017.

1. pmk1996

pmk1996 New Member

I'm pretty sure you guys have heard this phrase before. I've been hearing it lately and I decided to help out with my own understanding and if it's not correct everyone is welcome bto correct me.

No one has a perfect life, we all have situations that seem impossible to solve. I'm a Christian and most people will tell you that it's better to let go and let God. I don't know if it just me or it happens to everyone, I used to be addicted to worry. If something doesn't worry me I always thought am doing something wrong. Everyone would love the idea of letting go and letting God but we just don't know where to start.

From my understanding, letting go means letting go of fears, ego and misconceptions. Letting God on the other hand means allowing God to guide you. Sometimes we think we know what should happen but actually we don't. One person said that, unless you assume a God, life will never make sense. You can believe that there is a higher power who has control over all things. You need to quit trying to control every outcome. If you let God you open up yourself to experience full divine power.

You can also call it loosening of the grip and allow God to guide you. Obviously, this won't come without a struggle. Such philosophies are best applicable in the spiritual world and not in the day to day lives. However, in our day to day lives explain who we really are. How we deal with the challenges we face everyday define us. We were not made to suffer in the universe but we allow ourselves to suffer because we want to achieve something in a certain way.

It's easier to let go of a problem, learn something new and keep yourself busy you can always come back to the issue that is bothering you later. For example, when writing a post, it's always good to take a break, during the break you gain better understanding and creativity to apply to your post. Same case applies to all the problems that we go through. Take a break, let go, let God and you will be surprised by how much the universe holds for you.

More to come and make sure to comment and correct me when I say something wrong. We never stop learning.

2. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

For me, part of the process of letting go is acknowledgment. Finding yourself in a difficult situation wherein you are somehow caught unprepared and is faced with a choice to either move on or let go, the first thing you must do in order to be able to take that step is acknowledgement. Acknowledge that this has happened and that you cannot do something about it for now. Accept things as they are now. This is a difficult process but when you affirm yourself of this thinking, things will start to align and you can slowly see a path you need to take. This s difficult thing to do but a crucial one, when things unexpected happen and we can't seem to move on in life, this is because we're still trying to take control of it. We subconsciously maneuver ways to steer it to make it go back the old way we got it. For a loss of a loved one, we hang on to bitter memories of how we lost them and we create countless what-ifs in our minds that torture us and made it far more difficult to accept. But once we slowly teach ourselves that there is a season and time for everything in life, we can slowly move on the the next phase, which is healing and moving on.