IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Life after death? Open to discussion.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Kaushik Angara, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik Angara New Member

Hello guys, I was wondering about a possibility of life after death. What happens after we die? Where does our soul travel to? This is a plethora of interesting questions. I have seen incidents of people remembering their past lives and so I decided to start a new thread and ask you guys to post your opinions.

Any input is appreciated and I would like to thank you guys in advance for spending your time.

2. princecharles

princecharles New Member

I like using the bible as the best guide when I answer or think about this question. I am sure it is the most trusted information we have in this world,and it states that their is life after we die; Here is a challenge now,when someone has died his /her actions will determine where the spirit will go .If someone has been doing good and is not guilty of evil,then the spirit will go to God but if someone has been in reckless living then the spirit will go to hell.

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I'm an ietsist (I believe that there might be something, but it's not like the gods of major religions) who believes that we create our own afterlife while living on Earth based on our actions and beliefs. I came to that conclusion after looking up why NDEs (near death experiences) vary from person to person and read that we create our own afterlife. I don't believe in hell and heaven the way religious people believe them. You don't have to follow and believe a certain religion to go to heaven.

Joel likes this.
  4. princecharles

princecharles New Member

You have a right to be who you are dear but first I'd like to give you a challenge, in your own understanding how did you come into existence?please reply to me because I'd love to talk to you

anor0428 likes this.
  5. Joel

Joel New Member

I believe in reincarnation but I have a much more scientific than traditionally spiritual viewpoint. I think that the consciousness or "soul" clings to a new body once expelled from the last as a simple matter of conservation of energy. I think that there has to be a certain biological component in the DNA for a particular soul to bind to.

That is why aliens came thousands of years ago to bind their DNA to primitive primates so that their souls can cling to the human bodies.

6. Joel

Joel New Member

How can you trust that book? It was written in three languages and then badly translated into English, so badly that a few of the key concepts of the religion are lost (I know, I have studied it through original translation concordances). Many of the stories were only written down thousands of years after they happened. The new and old testaments contradict each other and supposed "Christians" are quicker to quote the old testament than the things Jesus actually said, and when they do it's often a misunderstanding lost in translation. The King James Bible, which is the standard that all modern translations are based on, was put together by a pagan druid and his panel of delegates trying to retain political power. The books that were selected and deselected had more to do with that power than any measure of truth.

Do some homework.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I believe in life after death, but in a different sense that most religious people. I believe simply in our consciousness/soul moving on to a higher plane of existence. I know that some people think this is complete rubbish but I would always like to point out that everything is a mere theory, some more probable than others but it doesn't make it any more real. I guess it sucks that nobody has lived to tell the tale if there's an afterlife or not ;)

anor0428 likes this.
  8. dedenbula

dedenbula New Member

I believe life after death is illusion and that heaven or hell are fictional locations. Best way to understand my position on this topic is to observe humans as similar to a machine. We have material body so also machine, we require energy and fuel to function and survive too. And basically every materials will degrade, especially human body which is an organic material will deteriorate faster and this is reason we die. Due to the failure of one material or the other. And when the material body died our "human energy" leaves. But the thing is energy can not be created not destroy so the energy will free roam in the universe till it bond with another matter.

9. St.Kehovah

St.Kehovah New Member

I personally believe that Death is the end. No afterlife. I like it that way since it gives me a piece of mind during my lifetime. It also allows me to be content with the life I am living and the choices I make.

10. lxst

lxst New Member

I have never thought of it that way. I have always debated against reincarnation from a philosophical/spiritual point of view in that there is no purpose in reincarnation, as you lose all your memories in your previous life. You have an interesting point of view. I do wonder, though, how many souls there are. When did new souls stopped popping up? The number of dead outnumbers the living by more than 10 times, but as our population continues to grow more souls get reincarnated to live at the same time. In the past, was there a point where new souls stopped being generated and the cycle of reincarnation started? Or is the process random, and even today babies are born with a new soul? If so, then where does this energy come from?

11. lxst

lxst New Member

I agree to this. I'll admit that I don't like taking responsibility other than experiencing short-term consequences for my actions. But other than that, the idea that you would be responsible for the things you did in a finite amount of time for infinity... extremely unsettles me. The Christian concept of "heaven" and "hell" is something I find flat. This world isn't so black and white. No one is automatically "good" or "evil".

anor0428 likes this.