IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Life is a Matter of Choice

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by eafernan, Sep 12, 2017.

1. eafernan

eafernan New Member

Indeed, life is a matter of choice. In toto, what is sought for is penultimate happiness. I would not prefer a life born out of societal pressure and pretend to be happy all the while at the expense of others. We only live life once so make the most of it. Some if not all make women as trophies for their manhood. If anything, these tendencies make them all otherwise in the sense that they deprive not only others of the truth but themselves as well.

Define happiness in your own words.

2. Maria Crisanta

Maria Crisanta New Member

I don't believe that life is a matter of choice. Well, in some cases it is, but you need to bend that a little bit. You have full control over yourself so I can see why you think that life is a matter of choice, but you don't have full control over your surroundings. You need to learn to adjust. It's not all the time that you get what you want. So, in a way, life isn't really a matter of choice. Your choices will be affected by the choice of others, but whatever is the outcome of the mixed choice is up to you how you want to handle it, that's where the power of decision making comes in.