IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

MIND vs HEART

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Freedom Writer, May 22, 2015.

1. Freedom Writer

Freedom Writer New Member

People simply know that the heart and the mind are separated. Some people say, "if you were courted by someone, always use your mind, not your heart." But it's wrong! The truth is, the thoughts we actually think in mind comes from the heart.

It is the heart that dictates everything in our being. If you have good heart, it follows, then, you have a good mind. A good person produces good from the good treasure of his heart, and an evil person produces evil from an evil treasure.

lana0912 likes this.
  2. vegito123

vegito123 New Member

I reckon people should think about their actions as, if a person saw someone who attracted them and is 0bsessed with him or her it can start from the mind and the heart would follow if you don't have control over your thoughts and feelings and can ruin you. I remember watching a indian movie, a 15 year old boy watches from a telescope and sees his female neighbour who he wants and sees her each day and grows jealous when he sees her with a boyfriend and does call her work pretending to be someone else. When he tells her about his feelings, she tells him what he wants is passion just a one night fling and it would be good for a few minutes but would feel more disturbed after it ended if he tried to be with her. It is hard for him to understand, and decides to just remain friends with her and not think of her in that way anymore and we need to control the heart at times and try to do good and not turn to evil.

lana0912 and Freedom Writer like this.
  3. lana0912

lana0912 New Member

Thinking with generous, enthusiastic, loving heart when you are romantic you crave loyalty stability and love in your personal life. You may not realize,until too late that there is such a thing as winning every battle but losing the war, which is what will happen if your true love feels bossed around. You can be too possessive thinking with hart only.
    You may be a victim of your own unrealistic, overly-romantic expectations. Real life and love rarely resemble romance novels or movies. They are often much more prosaic than that,but this does not mean that love is not genuine. Just be on the ground is my advice.

4. langgotkoh

langgotkoh New Member

I agree with you @Freedom Writer that heart dictates what a mind thinks. Our heart cannot be defeated by our minds. Although in decision making, sometimes we uses our mind without considering what our hearts felt but it somehow hurts us.

One great example, is being in love with a person that our parents disagree. Our heart is in love but because we think of our parents that might get hurt, there comes the mind to think about what to choose. Once we came up contradicting our hearts, there comes hurt. So, whether we choose our mind over our heart, still our heart wins over mind because we can't fool ourselves on the reality that were hurt.

5. Judy Green

Judy Green New Member

I disagree, mostly, because I feel that the mind is very logical, and the heart is very emotional. I try to think with both logic and emotion. If you only think logically, you are going to be less emotional, you allow your mind to take over and appear almost heartless. However, if you think emotionally, you tend to always be the fool, the naive person that gets taken advantage of over and over. It's best to meet in the middle, to be wise.

6. praveen

praveen New Member

If you are driving the chariot horses were controlled by you. That means horses in this sense is "our mind" and controlling person is our heart. The mind will distract to several things but it must be controlled by our heart(soul). Mind and Heart were so interrelated.