IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Most marketable programming language ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by toscani40, Jun 27, 2015.

1. toscani40

toscani40 New Member

Hey everyone just looking for some opinions on what some of the more popular languages are. What do you think is the most desirable / marketable language for a software developer to know? I know that knowledge of computer science and data structures etc. are more important than what language you know. Thanks for your input!

2. master

master New Member

I am currently learning PHP and I think PHP is a pretty popular language. I guess it highly depends on what you do. I am a webmaster and I am exposed to many webmasters who use PHP regularly and that is what made me start learning it. If you want to work in web designing, PHP is certainly something you should learn. If you want to do system programming then something like C++ will be more desirable so it depends.

3. Smaush

Smaush New Member

Perl :p
    "If you know what i mean?"

4. Kazemy

Kazemy New Member

To break this down further and to add onto what master is saying, web designing has more money than system programming because systems even have their own sort of support. Therefore in terms of marketability, PHP is more marketable than C++ . The world requires more web designers than system programmers.