IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Music is Changing?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Makenna McDaniel, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Makenna McDaniel

Makenna McDaniel New Member

Think about the music you listen to today

It probably has some form of auto tune or digital editing that you didn't even realize. The truth is, before the late 1990's, auto-tune hadn't even hit mainstream media yet.
    Since then, music has taken on a completely different approach. Artists now embrace this new era of unnatural singing as an art form. Music like this is extremely popular in Korea and Japan, and North America has fallen in love with it. How do you feel about this change in the music culture? or did you even realize there was a difference at all?

2. Toribellb

Toribellb New Member

Music is bound to change come new technology just as everything else around us. This change can lead two completely different vocals from the same person. The recorded song may sound one way but then once all of the auto tune and such are added on it sounds completely different. This can be very deceiving to fans who pay for one version only T.K. hear another. Also, this change has helped make lip syncing much more popular. Most shows/tours include artists lip syncing their lyrics instead of actually singing them to keep their polished sound. It has taken the authenticity out of a good portion of modern music.

3. EZREAL

EZREAL New Member

Growing up in the 90’s I can say that music has changed a lot. RNB had lain over while EDM had become more popular. Music evolves just like other arts. Music today is more energetic and more up-beat. Even acoustic music has a more energetic and fast features just like Ed Shee’s “Shape of You”. Change of trend, technological development and artists who recreate themselves are all part of music innovation.

In my opinion, technology has a lot to do with the evolution of music. By means of technological advancement, new instruments and equipment’s have spawn to make recordings easier and sounds way better. Unfortunately, because of this development, music today had become less organic. Sounds and rhythm can now be easily conduct using a software and auto tuning had become a trend.

Speaking of trend, artist would dive into the current mainstream to keep the stardom. So if EDM is popular today, every artist would collaborate with a DJ too so they could fit in. Artists recreate themselves to show up something new, something that today’s generation would take. The style of some artists had faded in and out of popularity that’s why their method and approach of creating albums changes too.

Sadly, some of the music today had become less meaningful. The message of some song is empty. Some went too far from a morality perspective. I'm not talking in general. But if you would talk to people who grew up from the 90s and 80s, they would say that music before used to promote real love, peace and positive values. While today, most music possesses messages that promotes sex, drugs, fame, money and wrong values.

Despite the changes, there are some things that will always be classic. Celine Dion will always make my heart go on, Gerry Halliwell will always be my Ginger Spice, N’sync can never beat Back Street Boys, I will forever love Chester Bennington of Linkin Park,
    and last but not the least; I still have Eminem, who still rap these days, the only rapper who don’t rap about sex, money and drugs.

4. Vheeno

Vheeno New Member

Music has the ability to change the mood of a person. It can make you make you feel sad. It can transform you to be a cheerful individual. I prefer lively music to get me going. It inspires me.

5. Keithmuchina

Keithmuchina New Member

It can change depending on the how you feel the music but i can say hiphop is dead

6. Parag Joshi

Parag Joshi New Member

Well I think change is inevitable with time. New technology brings about a change in every sphere of life. Music also has changed a lot with time.

I think some change's that have happened in music are very positive and some are not that good. I think the best way to classify music is "Good music" and "Bad music" instead of Old music and New music. We see some great work done in the field of music across generations , including the present generation.

7. ArtGeminiVinta

ArtGeminiVinta New Member

Art is constantly evolving. Humans are always curious. And music is such a broad entity to be narrowed down to "auto tune." Yes, I did notice its sudden outbreak in the music world, but I think a lot of the style from the '80s and '90s are still present today, just played in other forms or fused with fresh ideas. Even though it seems like auto tune is taking away authenticity right now, there's still a huge number of artists (I'm talking about real artists) who create and share authentic music to large communities, which is why I'm not at all worried. I would suggest NPR Tiny Desk Concerts. They invite artists from a range of genres and it's crazy how unique each one of them are in terms of songwriting and musical experimentation.