IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

My taste of music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Philip Barnabas Ochieng, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Philip Barnabas Ochieng

Philip Barnabas Ochieng New Member

I listen to music in albums, when I find a song I like, the artist becomes my next research project for a few weeks. I try to understand why they sang the song, and if they have other songs that speak more about them.
    That habit led me to deeply comprehend Taylor Swift's '1989' and 'Red' albums. She was just a girl who wanted to be in love but screwed it up often.
    Emeli Sande was fighting to sing her own style of songs but that meant that she couldn't please her promoters as she sang in 'Clown' and 'Read all about it'
    Sia was drowning in depression before she made '1000 Forms of Fear'. Alcohol took over her life and she even wanted to retire but one song that she sent to David Guetta changed her life. It was Titanium.
    Art isn't easy to create. To survive as an artist, one needs to catch people's attention. It's tough, some songs that take a lot of effort to make don't even make us blink.
    I've come to appreciate artists and their entire projects, even the songs that don't see the light of radio. I don't just listen to hits.

2. Momz2gd

Momz2gd New Member

I enjoy all types of music and I enjoy hearing the stories about them becoming famous. Here are some examples of artists impowering themselves. Jewel was homeless and living in her car. Flo Rida was very poor growing up and same with Pitbull.

Inspirational messages go very deep. As long as they are true and blue and don't have a need for auto-tuning their voice. I will listen to their music and support them.

3. Courtney L Myles

Courtney L Myles New Member

I love music. My favorite kind of music is R&B because it's smooth and very relaxing to me. I am also interested in other genres of music but don't know of many genres. I have heard of Taylor Swift but haven't heard any of her music but only great things about her as an artist. @Phillip Barnabas Ochieng, I can agree agree with you. I don't like to listen to just hits either. I like to explore it all types of music.

4. sanaa mohsen

sanaa mohsen New Member

I am not a fan of a special kind of music, I like songs that touch our hearts with words from our normal life, I feel like I am living the song or I already lived that story before. actually, my mind can't focus on something while I am listing to any kind of music, I wished I would be that person who is can listen to music while reading a book with a cup of coffee on the balcony.