IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Name the movie that made you cry

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by silvermists, Jun 1, 2018.

1. silvermists

silvermists New Member

A Walk To Remember was the movie that made me cry.

2. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

'Who will love my children?' is the movie that made me cried. I watched it when I was 10 years old and I still cry when I think about it. It's based on a true story,and It's a heartbreaking story.

3. Reah Mae Poralan

Reah Mae Poralan New Member

There are many sad movies out there that can make us cry. But aside from romance movies, I cried in the movie "Marley & Me" starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. It's a family movie, a comedy and kind of a drama. Marley is a dog, that grew along the family of Wilson and Aniston. But as the family are making progress their dog Marley whose already kinda old started to get sick and died. The part that made me cry was when they buried Marley and their kids started to make eulogies. It's a good movie, I recommend you guys to watch it.

4. tracy

tracy New Member

Funny enough I was actually talking to my husband yesterday about the movies that have made me cry, like Lion King when Mufasa dies and even Ice Age when I thought Diego died. A Walk To Remember as you mentioned also made me ball my eyes out even when I read the book I cried. Though I think the movie that I cried the most ever in was The Green Mile, that movies was so heart wrenching that I couldn't stop crying. I cry every single time that I watch it.

5. AnneJk18

AnneJk18 New Member

Lately, there's this movie that I've watch and it makes me burst into tears. The title is "Midnight Sun". I already watch a same movie as this, where the girl has cronic skin allergy to sunlight. But this one really got me. The love story is same as any love story that we know, but the thing I love is the father and daughter relationship. The girl has the best father ever. I love how the movie shows that fathers can also be mothers. And also, I love how the girl never gives up after knowing she will die soon. This movie really got me emotional. I suddenly wants to hug my father after seeing this movie. Just to give a spoiler, the girl died at the end of the movie. And I expected it though.

6. tje2129

tje2129 New Member

I cry every time I watch Bicentennial Man. It shows the struggle to be accepted. Robin Williams' characterization of the robot, Andrew is heartwarming and the lengths he took to be considered human and part of the group never fails to make me cry. Such a splendid collection of actors also helped. Sam O'Neill was magnificent.

7. Jean Abreu

Jean Abreu New Member

There are many movies out there that are really sad and can really make me cry. The one that really made me cry was ¨Seven Pounds¨. In this film, the protagonist is Will Smith as Ben Thomas, he did an outstanding performance. I really love him, he is one of my favorite actors. ¨Seven Pounds¨ is about a successful spaceship engineer, happy man who had a beautiful wife. One day, he was driving with his wife, they were having a good time. However, he received a message from work, and because he got distracted, they had an accident. Seven people died, including his wife. He was traumatized by this accident. He felt depressed and the need of paying back to people that were related to the ones who died in the accident. Spoiler alert. The scene that made me cry the most was when he went to a nursing home and saw that one old lady was treated badly. When she tried to explain him why she felt discomfort to Ben, they both started crying. It is a really good movie, I totally recommend people who has not watched it, to do it.

8. benG

benG New Member

The movie Titanic made me cry , it was very emotional because of the instrumentals and the music used.

joandiala likes this.
  9. Nenad

Nenad New Member

The only movie that made me cry is Titanic , I never cried for a movie , except Titan , the movie is really sad , its start with a happy setting and a lot of love , but as the movie goes and goes , it gets really sad... The music is the best , but in the same time it makes you sad and whant to cry your eyes out. I have never seen such a emotional movie greater then Titan , its quite an old movie but still I can say thats its the saddest and in the same time the best romance movie out there. Even tho i was not even born when it first aired It still a master piece even after 21 years.

10. Natgeo20016

Natgeo20016 New Member

Man!!! green mile is the movie that made me cry the acting was so good.
    Speaking of crying lol I've cried laughing coz of some movies like these movies listed below,
    1. How high
    2.Anchor man
    3.Scary movie 1,2,3,4,5
    4.The parody
    and More .......

11. majapile2000

majapile2000 New Member

Probably to all well-known movie - Autumn in New York
    And right now I have got another one - Our Story

I do not know for which I was crying more :(

12. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

Watching movies was my hobbies when I am home. I love watching whenever I have free time especially when its weekend. And when it comes to movies I like watching romantic drama genre. I have a lot of movies that I watched and made me cry but this movie made me cry over and over after I watch it.

One of the movies that makes me really cry is the Titanic movie, I am very emotional that time when I watched Titanic, the character, the love story of jack and rose that blooms. The sacrifies of Jack to be able to make Rose stay alive made my heart melt and broke at the same time.

Until now, I am still affected and still it made me cry when I watch it again.

13. Alli

Alli New Member

The first movie that comes to mind is the Disney-Pixar film, Coco. I remember going to see this in theatres with my friends, expecting a cute movie that would thoroughly represent Mexican culture. While that was true, I was not expecting the movie to be as sad as it was! I cried twice towards the end of the movie, and actually started to ball at the very end. I also cried about the movie when I was driving home because of how great the ending was.

Fast forward a month and my little sister asked me to watch the movie with her. I warned her that it was but we still decided to watch it. I thought that since I already knew what was going to happen I wouldn't be as sad the second time around - Boy was I wrong! I think I cried more the second time I watched it!!

14. leoad16

leoad16 New Member

The Titanic doesn't begin to clarify how tragic of a motion picture this is. I truly delighted in the story-lines and dialogue of all the characters. I additionally loved the delightful way some of them even interfaced with each other. I don't think I was set up for this real tragedy of a closure. I concur with alternate remarks in this was a decent motion picture, be that as it may, I don't figure I would like to feel as such subsequent to viewing the film once more.

15. Anny

Anny New Member

The movie that made me cry last was Home it is an animated movie voiced over by rihanna and Jennifer Lopez. Aliens invade their home and try to take over and during the struggle mother and child are separated and this pushes the child to find her mother with the help of one of the aliens who was an outcast.The alien and the child become friends and it's very emotional when the alien has to leave, the child eventually finds her mother and the moment is very emotional.

16. Salma

Salma New Member

I am a very emotional person. Sad stories always get the better part of me and sadly I can't control my tears. Bollywood movies like Ashique 2 and Ek Villain. Movies like Titanic and The boy with the striped pyjamas also made my eyes wet.

17. Lissiel

Lissiel New Member

The movie that made me cry is Hachi: A Dog's Tale; it is based on a true story. This movie made me shed a hundred of tears and made my pillow every wet. It is about the loyalty of a dog to his master even at his master's death. Hachi the dog took his master every day to the train station for his work and waited for him until he comes home. But one day, he did not return and left his dog waiting outside the trains station until its death. His master died while he was at work and in the dog's mind--he knows that his master will come home and meet him there. The wife of his master tried to take him home, but the dog always comes back to the station. The story melts my heart like a candle. Seeing the dog, how determined it is to wait for his master. I remember the look of the dog's eyes, he was so sad--he misses his master so much.

The scene that made me burst into tears is, it was 9 years later in the film. Hachi was already old and dirty, he was still outside the train station waiting. Then his master's wife saw him, she was surprised that he was still waiting there. She tried her best to make him understand that he will never return. It pinched my heart so hard that I cried all the tears left in me.

The true story was based on Japan and the dog's real name is "Hachiko". His story was famous not only in Japan but outside the country as well. They even built a statue on the exact spot where he waited for his master. Hachiko is a real angel.

Attached Files:

18. MaxD

MaxD New Member

Coco was a movie that made me cry

19. Charnell

Charnell New Member

Every time I watch the movie adaptation of Margaret Edson's play "Wit" I find myself sobbing by the end of it. It has gotten to the point where I intentionally choose that film if I feel that I need a good cry.

20. hasany123

hasany123 New Member

One and only the Titanic. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio one of the greatest actor of all time has done a great job in that film as well as couple of latest ones such as revenant.