IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Online Games Vs Offline Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rafay, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Rafay

Rafay New Member

Hey Everybody,

I Started playing online 3D FPS games like "Contract Wars" OR "Tanki Online" and i got to know that online games have changed alot but still can't get over offline gams like "COD" OR "NFS:Underground 2".

I prefer offline games.
    What do you people prefer ?

2. ohhkrusher

ohhkrusher New Member

Hello Rafay!

It really does depend on what style you like. My personal opinion would have to be "Uncharted The Series" just a fantastic work by the developers from Naughty Dog and other better developers and games to make.

3. Jetselle Santos

Jetselle Santos New Member

Online or offline, games are always there for me as my one true hobby. I have a tendency to favor online games though.

When you're online, games like Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 encourage you to work with other online players towards team objectives. Playing against other gamers who are at least as skilled as can prove to be an exciting challenge. Finding and winning with a competent team is one of the best feelings you can get from video games.

On the other hand, while games are always there for me, sometimes my internet connection isn't! That's where the true appeal of offline games lies. Nuclear Throne, Wizard of Legend, and Dead Cells are all video games that I prefer without an internet connection. Without an online opponent, the true enemy becomes yourself as you try to reach higher and higher scores.

4. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

Offline games in my opinion are far more better. But that's just me.

I don't have that many gamer friends and the ones that do game don't have the same taste in games as me. The great majority of games I play are only single player offline games. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment finishing a single player campaign for example. The thrill of grinding to level up your character and getting rare equipment is rewarding for me.

Online games seem more fun. I won't lie and say I never dreamed of playing with friends. I sometimes wish I had friends to do online games with. But for me that is something that will most likely never happen. For you to enjoy games in a group, you really need to be close with them in real life or know them at least. That's why I didn't get to enjoy games like PUBG for example where you need to be in a group as everyone is in a group with people they know.

5. Silent

Silent New Member

Online games are the best games ever ( CS:GO , Overwatch ,Team Fortress 2 , many others). Nothing compares to a fair match of Overwatch ,where you communicate with your teammates . You can kill the enemy players and heal your teammates and carry the match :D. The offline games don't have this ,the offline games are way borring than the online games( my opinion)

6. Runnercam

Runnercam New Member

To be quite honest, I prefer online games with other people. Not things like call of duty but massive open world games such as Ark or Rust. Of course, offline games are fun from time to time such as Fallout 4. But, most of the time I am playing online with a lot of people.

7. soskamora

soskamora New Member

Online games are always > Than offline games for me because it is more challenging I am talking here about casual online games that do not need any kind of farming or grinding, I often get bored so fast so without the competition and challenge online games offers I always get bored. Anyway, it is really different from one to other it is not something that you can put a tag on and make it as given fact.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  8. jayjaydimson

jayjaydimson New Member

Of course, online games are always better than offline games, because, in online games, you can communicate with the real people using the internet, you can team up with them or you can duel with them. You can do a lot of things in online games than offline games, because the stories in online games have a very unique on each stage, unlike in offline games, the story only repeat itself, like you can predict what is going to happen because it has no updates since its just an offline game. Unlike online games, many things can happen and you can't predict the updates that are going to show if you are playing it.

9. Vheeno

Vheeno New Member

It's more fun to play online games because inviting your friends is easier. You can also have the chance to meet new friends. It's a great way to explore the world. You gain new friends while you enjoy.

Offline games make you a loner. You usually stay in your room by yourself. If you need a company to join you, you would need to invite him physically to be with you to play the game.

10. Vu Duc Dung

Vu Duc Dung New Member

I think online games and offline game are both interesting.
    Firstly, online games always change day by day or month, almost all of them have the good graphic design and attract the huge number of players, people can connect to each other, sometimes, by online game we can make friends all over the world.
    Besides this, offline games which are developed with permanent stories, they are often small games, attracts young people and children, such as : SEGA, NINTENDO...this makes me remember my childhood.

11. Mark Elmore

Mark Elmore New Member

In my opinion, online games are far better than offline games. I have played and enjoyed many offline games such as Civilization and Total War. Though I enjoyed those games and all of the content they offered, I find myself having a much better experience sharing it with friends. I love sitting back and playing a game of Counter Strike with some of my friends while we all scream at the one random on our team.

12. Luckyphoenix435

Luckyphoenix435 New Member

Being a gamer myself, I think online games are more preferable although both online and offline games have their pros and cons. Online games allow us to play with friends and anyone around the world at any time and nowadays online games are gaining more popularity (fortnite, pubg, sea of thieves etc). But nothing replace the ability to pause the game at any time and the couch sitting co-op offline games. Therefore, both the online and offline games are loved and played by millions of people with different preferences.

13. Katherine Non

Katherine Non New Member

No matter how are fun, exciting, and challenging online games are, I still prefer offline games over them with the reasons that I could play them anywhere and anytime I want to. Offline games are getting better, like titles from Flipline Studios. If you aren't familiar with those games they're time management food games. They're all quirky and fun!

14. Joshua Santos

Joshua Santos New Member

I prefer offline games than online games, because I am a type of person that gets bored easily and in our country you are just lucky if the place has free wifi. So I prefer offline games because it is more convenient than online games, offline games in android like Nba 2k, GTA and etc, all of them are playable anytime, anywhere without internet connection and for me that's great because it kills my boredom every time I play offline games.

If only our country has a lot of free internet connection anywhere? I would prefer online games because online games are more challenging ang has great graphics than offline games, but unfortunately our country only has internet if you pay for your internet monthy at your home. Compared to Japan, that country has internet where ever you go, you could play online games or use facebook and messenger anytime, anywhere.

15. davedaot

davedaot New Member

I prefer online games. It's more enjoyable to play online because it does have more features than just playing offline, offline is limited and can be isolating sometimes, while online games are fun because you can play with together with your friends. I have a lot of fun playing online games with my friends, I mean playing with friends makes it more enjoyable because as humans we are social beings we crave social interaction whether we're aware or not that's just the truth as what the quotation says, "No man is an Island." That for me is so true and studies shows that too, it's not that I just made all this up. So for me playing online is more enjoyable just because you can play with anyone around the world, you can make new friends, and you interact with another human being across the globe.

16. Osamah7

Osamah7 New Member

Personally, I prefer offline games. However, they both have their advantages and disadvantages and I often play both.

Offline games are usually more story driven and immersive when compared to online games. For example, Skyrim, which is an offline game, has a lot of immersion with a great main story as well as a lot of interesting side quests.

Online games focus more on the social aspect of gaming and usually have systems in place to try and encourage players to interact with one another.

When I want to meet new people I usually play online games. However, when I just want to relax and enjoy a good story, I play offline games.

17. diolola456

diolola456 New Member

I prefer to play online games like Dota 2 because it's a strategy game which helps me think strategies on how to kill a hero without being killed, but in my suggestion if you don't have internet in your house you better to play online games like playing 3d emu for Pokemon gold and red also playing some old game boy games.

18. dlong93

dlong93 New Member

Online games are fun and all but a lot of the time you aren't able to play in the same room as your friends without having an additional system. I like being able to sit down in front of a T.V. with a friend or two and play an offline game.

19. vladopecaros

vladopecaros New Member

Hi everyone.
    First of all, don't mind my grammar, English is not main language in my country.

Back to your question.
    - Online or Offline gaming depends MAINLY on your character.
    - On how much free time you have (some online games take long time to finish one game (League of Legends)) .
    - How good your internet is (Faster internet=BETTER PERFORMANCE).
    Are you a type of person that gets mad and starts hitting tables, PCs, monitors?
    If you are, you should play more Offline games, there are many people who like trolling in multiplayer games.

20. lemos10

lemos10 New Member

As I get older I find myself playing offline games more often. I think this has to do with the fact that most online games have a sort of a leveling mechanic that is very time consuming, and if you don't have much time it can get very frustrating to be the low level of your party. And as you get older, you start to develop some responsibilities like work, studying and daily chores. The pressure that comes from online games only adds to my daily stress so I prefer to choose an offline game, this way I can play with no outside pressure while enjoying some top notch story (something that is pretty much absent in most online games).