IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Outdoor Activities: Do you prefer swimming at the Beach or in a Pool?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by thisnthat, Apr 19, 2015.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat New Member

Do you like to swim? I love it.

When it comes to outdoor activities, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy going to the beach or the lake, but I still prefer swimming in a pool. I guess I like being able to see what, if anything is in there with me. Ha-ha.

If you like to swim, which is your preference?

2. rojuslap

rojuslap New Member

I like when there's a lot of waves at the beach, then I definitely prefer the beach. But I mostly swim at the pool, since I have one next to my house.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Briana White

Briana White New Member

I prefer to swim at the pool. I definitely don't want to see anything other than another human in there swimming with me! Haha.
    But yes, I do LOVE to swim.

4. hope7

hope7 New Member

I love swimming in my own pool. I don't have to worry about other people being in my way and the water is clean and sterile. The ocean water is always too cold on the East Coast and not very clean. I never swim in the ocean. I only like to get my feet wet and have the small waves hit me. Public pools are okay except if it gets too crowded you can't really enjoy swimming. But I like the slides and diving boards they provide.

5. Julius Mathias

Julius Mathias New Member

I do like swimming. I think is because I was brought up near the beach. Every day I would go for a swim in the Indian ocean. I miss those days. Now I don't swim the way I used to. This because I don't live near the ocean, and also I don't get alot of time to go swim in a swimming pool.

To answer your question, I prefer the beach anytime of the day.

Krissttina Isobe and MBrana972 like this.
  6. jillyan10

jillyan10 New Member

We rarely visit the beach because we need to travel for 4 to 5 hours before we can arrive at the nearest beach here in our place. The nearest beach here in our place is the San Fernando beach wherein I have visited twice only. The sand out there is not that white compared to Boracay beach or Tagaytay beach which are destinations popular here in our country. A destination of domestic and foreign tourist especially during summer season.
    We have swimming pools here and the most popular is the one located at Itogon, Benguet, Philippines. The swimming pool is called "13 pools" because it is composed of 13 different pools connected to one another. I do visit there from time to time if I want to relax and enjoy their steam baths. The steam baths are one of my favorite because it is good for the skin. It removes excessive oil in your skin and they say beneficial for your health.

I prefer swimming in the beaches than in the swimming pools because it is open and they don't put chemicals in it. It is not good for your skin and for your body to be exposed to harmful chemical that they put in this swimming pools.

7. julie pelarski

julie pelarski New Member

I prefer both as I am spoiled in MN, I have a pool in my back yard and a lake cabin for the weekends.
    Either way they both get peed in by kids or fish.

8. Zeuvx

Zeuvx New Member

I really don't like the taste of saltwater so I don't know how it's possible to swim in the ocean. I just end up walking and floating around until I see a fish and get out. I definitely prefer to swim in a pool, where I can exercise and track how far I'm swimming. It also helps that there are no fish in a pool and the water is a lot clearer.

9. julie pelarski

julie pelarski New Member

10. mimi88jade

mimi88jade New Member

:eek:
    I also love swimming and spending time at the beach. But I am shy to tell you all guys that I can't swim. I just love on the shore and swallow area if I am on the beach. I like it in the pool specially during night swimming. I feel scared if I go swimming on the beach during nighttime. I feel there are monster creatures on the bottom that are watching me and anytime I can be a victim.

11. Khareen

Khareen New Member

I prefer to swim in a pool. I am not much of a swimmer so I find pools safer, but when it comes to fun activities like beach volleyball, banana boat, etc. I would prefer beaches.

12. Susan

Susan New Member

I prefer to swim at the beach when the weather is nice and the water is warm. It is much more refreshing then swimming in a pool. However, when the weather cools off then I would much rather to be in a pool. I prefer the fresh water to the chlorine in the pools. The chlorine seems to irritate my eyes whereas the fresh water doesn't.

13. Jude

Jude New Member

I was born in a city near the beach and I have a beach near my parents home. I was raised there, so I have a special relation with the sea.
    Actually I don't like to swim in a pool because the smell of chlorine is awful! I Prefer the smell of the see and the waves... I love to swim, and I do it very well :)

14. anabeau

anabeau New Member

I don't really like the smell of chlorine, and the chemicals they use in pools make my skin and my hair dry. So I prefer to swim in the ocean, although what I really love is to swim in ocean waters with warm temperatures like the Caribbeans. ;)

15. Melissa1024

Melissa1024 New Member

I love water and swimming. I do not think I have ever really had a preference as to where I swim. I have swam in private pools,lakes and the ocean. I like them all. It really does not matter as long as I get to get in the water and swim.

16. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyi New Member

I definitely prefer swimming in a pool. I just can't seem to get over the paranoia of some deadly sea creatures catching me unaware. Whenever I'm at the beach I normally just spend a few minutes in the ocean before heading back to the pool, where I do most of my swimming. The fact that I'm not a very good swimmer also contributes to my fear of large water bodies.

17. denise016

denise016 New Member

When I go swimming I perfer to swim in a pool, but I will swim in the sea as long as it is a safe beach and the waves are not to rough. I enjoy swimming in a pool because you can have heated pools so the water is always warm, which I prefer. So I guess if I had a choice I would choose swimming in a pool.

18. BirdCute

BirdCute New Member

When I go swimming, which sadly doesn't happen often enough, I prefer swimming in a pool. I don't like being surrounded by waves and nearby beaches are also not very clean. I know that pools are also not as clean as one would think, but at least there aren't too many chemicals there. Another thing I like about pools is slides. Although I'm not expected to use those as an adult, they can be very fun if you can find a pool with really good slides. There is a water park nearby that has extremely long slides and I go there at least every couple of months, if possible.

19. ocrese

ocrese New Member

I think it depends on the way you see it, for a lot of people this is something about their mood, sometimes you're on a beach mood and sometime you're on a pool mood.

As for swimming well that depends on the wind speeds at the beach, I'm quite sure some of you like to surf but swimming with huge waves is not always an easy thing :D

20. Heti Damani

Heti Damani New Member

I am a pool swimmer.

Maybe I just need the right access to open water swimming to feel comfortable there. So far, I am horrified by the thought of having an accident , e.g. somewhere in a lake, and no one can come to my help soon enough. Also, I am quite afraid of swimming above sea creatures. I remember swimming front crawl in the 'New Danube' in Vienna, an artificial sidearm of the Danube, with goggles, when I saw a huge fish swimming underneath me. Man, did I panic! And I still was halfway through the distance!

In a pool there are always means for holding on to, and most of the times there are life guards around, who are not too far away. Plus there are no fish.