IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Outdoor Camping Is Unbeatable

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Nocturnal Writer, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

I have been a scout master for several years and I have been to inland outdoor camping and also to country-wide camping. Every time I was invited as a camping discussant on scout ideals and the basic history of scouting movement, I always stressed the fundamental meaning of scouting.

What is scouting? For me, I would define it in three important key words like service, camaraderie and outing. And I combine them together, SCOUTING comes out. Do you get what I mean? S stands for service. C for camaraderie and the last word, OUTING.

The overlong view from the campsite:

Gawahon Eco-Park Victorias(600pix).png

As a senior citizen. I just recall the good things about my experiences in scouting. Below is the last camping area I have visited here in our place. It is one of the beautiful scenic mountain view in our island. We call it gawahon means overlooking. That mountain is overlooking the developing city of Victorias. This is the summer resort which is frequented by the tourist and visitors and not only for the residents of the city.