IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Pandora

Discussion in 'Music' started by galmal, Apr 13, 2015.

1. galmal

galmal New Member

I'll admit, I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. I just discovered Pandora. And I absolutely love it. I live in a very rural area of Tennessee, and hate country music, so you can imagine, my options for radio are limited.

What I love about Pandora is that I tell it what artists I like, and it find others that have a similar sound. I can give songs either a thumbs up or down, and if I tell it what I don't like, it stops playing those songs. I can choose to only add a couple of artists to a "station" and hear their songs often, or I can put a bunch of artists in another station, and a greater variety, with very little repetition. Add in the limited commercials and it's almost perfect.

james H likes this.
  2. Carol

Carol New Member

My brother is the one who got me hooked on Pandora. I listen to it every day either on my phone or computer. I love how I can choose a station based on an artist I like. The ads I don't mind since they only run for 30 seconds.

3. james H

james H New Member

I like pandora, but I like Jango a bit more. It has some retro-techno, like early 2000s, which Pandora doesn't have. Pandora doesn't have DJ splash Manian, and a lot of good people that are on Jango, and I like having less ads anyways. Speaking of, I haven't visited Jango in a while, might as well right now :D

For those that doesn't know, Jango is like Pandora in every aspect except less ads (1 per day) and less music however they cover every niche.

4. mariejane

mariejane New Member

I like pandora, I choose an artist and it stations all the artist that contain similarities of the artist I chose into one station. I can also share what I listen and like with my friends and family on social media. It'Spretty cool!

5. yadira

yadira New Member

Pandora has been my favorite app for a long time. The adds do get annoying, but it's worth it. I shuffle all of my stations and listen to it for hours.