IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PC or Console Gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesyu, May 22, 2016.

1. GameDomain

GameDomain New Member

If it was up to me, I would have never got into console gaming if I knew PC gaming was that much better, you can enhance your game on the PC with a more powerful system, its customizable and you can personalize it to suit your needs, for the console gamer though they cannot. On console the max FPS you can have is 60, and on PC if you have a monster computer well, its 100+ and more visually appealing.

2. belze7

belze7 New Member

As long as you enjoy the game it doesn't matter which is better. I think both have their good and bad points so instead of wasting time trying to choose one we should just play the games that we have available in our pc or console.

Even if the PC can offer a better experience like many people say, a console has exclusive games. There is a positive balance between the two that benefits gamers, that's all that matters.

3. sarasnake99

sarasnake99 New Member

I really do feel like there are pros and cons to each, and the choice is mostly dependent on what type of gaming experience you want to have. If you just want some relatively-cheap family entertainment that you can all play on the couch, consoles are obviously your go-to. If you're interested in a more hardcore gaming experience and don't care about any console-exclusive titles, PC is probably better. It also depends on how much money you're willing to fork over; consoles are generally cheaper than gaming PCs, and used consoles- especially ones from the previous generation- can be several times cheaper than their PC counterparts. While the quality of high-end PCs is undoubtedly higher than that of consoles, it's not like consoles are terrible; and I'd wager that these days, most people would hardly even notice the difference between a PS4 and a mid-range gaming PC. Also, a quick reply to this comment:
    This may have been true a couple of generations ago, but it's certainly not true now. HD games in 60fps are certainly possible on PS4 (never played Xbox One), and for most types of games anything higher than 60fps is simply unnecessary. I can potentially see it being useful for multiplayer or for super-fast action games, but I've played action RPGs in 30fps before and had no complaints- and 60fps is double that amount!

4. Joekovic

Joekovic New Member

Console gaming is the better choice to me.
    High graphics game require more and more from computers as the games update. This my be a problem if one owns a low spec computer. With console gaming, almost every game can be play on any console. And to also back that up, not every games is available on pc and for that ones that are available, they usually come out at a later date than for consoles.
    Consoles win......Yay!!!

5. hurtadoluisalex1

hurtadoluisalex1 New Member

I agree with you, I began on consoles, went to PC for a couple of years, which was marvelous I concede, however in the long run returned to reassures. Try not to misunderstand me, I think PC gaming can be truly marvelous, yet at this phase in my life I simply like the effortlessness of consoles. Beyond any doubt the design are weaker and we don't have as large of a determination of amusements and so forth, yet I simply adore putting a plate in and playing, and not worrying about settings and ineffectively improved PC ports and so forth. Additionally for me, comfort gaming is less expensive.

What's more, I adore simply having the capacity to unwind on my overnight boardinghouse as opposed to sitting a work area for a considerable length of time.

6. Jaylan Howell

Jaylan Howell New Member

Bro it will always be a debate about pc and consoles
    But i guess it would be your decision/opinion. Yes pc's have been known to have AMAZING graphics in all types of games. But with the release of Ps4 Pro and Xbox One S it really just depends on your budget and which one you like.

7. BigDiggerNick

BigDiggerNick New Member

PC gaming

8. ditoekanugraha

ditoekanugraha New Member

I choose PC because gaming is more supported for in game downloadable content and update (because it can downloaded in game client)
    and about what game the PC can run its depending on its component like VGA, RAM, Harddisk.

gaming console is good to, any game that supported in your console that run without lag, but its requires a DVD or disk to install the game

9. triforceguy1

triforceguy1 New Member

Personally, I much prefer playing on a console (specifically a Nintendo one) than a PC. Firstly, PC gaming just seems too expensive to be able to get a decent setup. I know you can get cheaper setups, but the performance on those would likely not be the best for current games. Another thing which has really put me off PC gaming is the stupid 'elitist' attitudes and console wars. I understand that not every PC gamer is an arrogant PC elitist, but it has still somehow ruined it for me a bit. At the end of the day, it's a game, they are built to be enjoyed and appreciated.

Consoles tend to be a lot more cheaper than PC setups, heck, you can get a Wii U for around £200. I also prefer that there are dedicated controllers for consoles, using a keyboard and mouse just doesn't seem intuitive to me, bearing in mind I grew up with console games. I know you can connect some controllers for the PC though. I also love the local multiplayer aspect of game consoles (or at least Nintendo consoles). That's something you sort of miss from PC gaming. Finally, you just can't get Nintendo exclusives on PCs, or at least, not legally!

Though I prefer console gaming, that doesn't necessarily mean that I haven't gamed on PCs before. I have a fairly large Steam library which I still play from time to time. Hopefully, once I receive my DSA funding, I should be able to afford a new computer to play the games with a better experience. My current computer has a tendency to unexpectedly shut down when it starts to use too much power!

10. classic456

classic456 New Member

Hello everyone!

This is actually a really interesting topic, in my personal experience, I grew up playing both on PC and consoles.

I personally prefer to game mostly on a PC. Some people prefer gaming on a console because they don't like keyboards, however you can buy a Joypad for your computer and set it up nicely, same goes for playing on a couch, on the livingroom TV. To me, it's just much more comfortable to play on a PC.

If you have a PC, you can not only just play the game, but add modifications to it, improve its performance if you know how to, you can upgrade your PC. The biggest reason why I like to game on a PC, setting your own computer up and upgrading it whenever you can.

I understand that Consoles are much easier to set up and faster to have it ready to use, however, for me, that feeling you get when you build your PC from scratch and you run it for the first time, its simply amazing, also to tinker with it in order to increase its performance. That is something that not everyone enjoys or likes, some people just want to have a casual experience; not having to deal with all the setting up process is a plus for consoles there, but if you are a computers enthusiast, wether for gaming or high performance tasks, having a PC it's what you need.

I also prefer to have a PC rather than a console because it's more versatile. I use my PC to: Work, game, do research, music, videos, watching movies and even live TV. Even though consoles have been catching up on that aspect, I still rather My PC for gaming and many other activities,

Regards!

11. Aveatrex

Aveatrex New Member

Pc ofcourse since it's an all on one can play games,surf net unlike consoles also console games are more expencive but i would like to buy a console because of exclusive games that pop ups....

12. Riyandi

Riyandi New Member

I was a lover of the game, particularly the PC Game. I am not saying that the console game is not good. I just don't like it anyway. I didn't like the joy stick when playing games. Too rigid and inflexible in moving the object in the game.

When playing PC games, I find freedom in appreciating my mind to the game that I run through a mouse in my hand. More flexibility in moving objects on the game. I was a lover of Real Time Strategy Games on the PC and it makes me more excited by the day, cause for playing games also sharpen our brains become more sharply in thinking

13. SirKaylan

SirKaylan New Member

I started as a console gamer, but with the time, seeing all the cons and pros of it, I'm a pc gamer for 10 years now. I think its better having a pc than the same console most people have, because every pc is unique. It can bring fun just building it, upgrading or changing software stuff.... Things tou cant with a console.

I still conserve my old consoles, I love them, but in my opinion pc gaming its not just for hardcore gamers... for all kind of gamers!

14. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

PC gaming is definitely better to me. For one, the graphical capabilities of a console are far more limited compared to even lower-end gaming PCs. Secondly, PC gaming allows you to mod your favorite game to your personal preference offering PC gamers a more refreshing and varied gaming experience. Finally, PC gaming is cheaper long term investment in that you can upgrade your PC components as time passes by increasing the lifespan of your gaming PC while console gamers have to buy a completely new machine every few years to enjoy a decent console gaming experience. I also forgot to mention that PC has a larger gaming catalog than any gaming console.

15. SirKaylan

SirKaylan New Member

True about that killamch89 . Nowadays is much better building a gaming pc. But for little kids for security its better a console

16. Jameskaranjak

Jameskaranjak New Member

Pc towers above console. The tech used in gaming computers is absolutely next level. When you look at the graphics aspect of gaming pcs offers clarity unmatched by consoles. Accessing pcs games is way easier and cheaper compared to consoles. This powerful computers are the giants in gaming.

17. Enigmasflame

Enigmasflame New Member

To preface, I grew up with consoles, and I still love my old-school consoles, I still have my SNES and Genesis stowed away somewhere with all my cartridges and controllers. I still have to admit though, PCs are objectively superior. There's nothing wrong with being a console player/gamer, but to be ignorant of the differences, limitations, and spread or regurgitate misinformation is what would make you a console peasant.

It is extremely difficult to argue for consoles being the superior choice with the basis of platform exclusives. PC has far more exclusives than every single console that ever existed (plus console prototypes, unreleased consoles, and developer consoles), COMBINED! If I wanted to play old-school console games, I can just boot up an emulator, and have the freedom of using any compatible controller + adapter or stick with keyboard. Freedom of choice is awesome!

It is extremely difficult to argue for consoles being the superior choice with the basis of cost-efficiency, because part by part, consoles are far less cost-efficient, with the only remote advantage is console optimization (your console isn't running the same amount of background programs as a typical PC) and that most AAA developers develop games for the console instead of the PC first, resulting in a wave of unoptimized or gimped PC ports due to laziness. There's practically infinite amounts of PC builds that completely outperform consoles in the same price bracket, and just like how consoles eventually drop in price, individual parts do too.

To address the point of upgrading a PC, it is not essential, it is optional. Keep in mind that consoles are locked at certain graphical settings, typically the equivalent of medium settings on PC, typically upscaled resolution instead of true 1080p (or dynamic res in the case of Halo 4), with a hard framerate limit on various games so that the console can maintain an acceptable and consistent framerate. You do not have to max out your graphical settings on PC, and if you can't run it at the high settings you want, you can always turn the settings down. You don't have to purchase a whole new PC or completely rebuild your current rig every time you wanna play the next generation of games at high settings, or even play them at all.

To continue, on console, you don't have a choice, once the PS4 and Xbox One generation is over, and the new generation rolls in, what are you gonna do? Upgrade your console? Nope, you gotta buy yet another console. Meanwhile, I can swap out my graphics card (You don't need the most expensive card on the current market, or even four of them...), or pair it up with an identical one and run a SLI configuration, maybe a new motherboard if it needs to accommodate a more powerful CPU that isn't compatible with the old motherboard's socket, maybe add a little more RAM or replace it with faster RAM if I wanna splurge a few extra bucks, maybe do some overclocking and get a better cooling setup, and I'm good to go. I have a lot more options when it comes time for another generation.

18. Ankith

Ankith New Member

Honestly speaking many go for Consoles since they are a lot cheaper than good gaming PC's. Although frame rate is only around 30 to 35 in consoles , it is till very much managed. But the gold standards for PC users are at 60 fps which very few users get , thanks to the costlier GPU's. But for people requiring a start to their gaming , console would just be the right choice.

19. LadyMae

LadyMae New Member

For me this is not really something I would compare. For first person shooters, PC is definitely better, since aiming can be quite annoying if you're not an expert with Xbox or PS controllers! On the other hand, hack and slash, and adventure games, are way better on a console since the controls and camera angles work well with the console controllers. The choice between PC or console as a gaming platform largely depends on the user's preference, and more importantly, the type of game! Although, these days, it's pretty easy to connect a console-like controller to a PC to play games, but on the other hand a console is specifically designed for this purpose, so the experience is usually better in most cases!

20. Vadim

Vadim New Member

PC overpowers all consoles however most consoles are very powerful and can overcome many older versions of these excellent machines and one thing 100% is that PC has the advantage in movement with the amazing mouse created exclusively for PCs.