IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PC or Console Gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesyu, May 22, 2016.

1. Nico Bacher

Nico Bacher New Member

I would say Pc, because you have alot more games at pc. And after some years you need to buy the newest console, cause you cant buy new games for consoles. a pc costs 800$ and you can have alot of fun.

2. Sikka

Sikka New Member

PC. I prefer using my keyboard and mouse over a controller.

3. Destinye Robinson

Destinye Robinson New Member

I have to agree with @Jaime. Neither platform is superior, as there are about even pros and cons to both. It also depends on what console you look at. I use the PS4 for a majority of my gaming, but I also own a 3DS, PC, and I plan on getting the Nintendo Switch. Each will come with its own downfall. For the Switch, it might be the lack of hard drive space and lack of games. For any console, it may be what friends you're able to play with. I primarily use the PS4, but so do most of my friends. If I played on Xbox instead, I'd have a lot less friends to play multiplayer with.

Honestly, I think the PC is a lot more powerful, if you have the right PC. I don't, but I think I might have dished out $200 for mine. It's a glorified laptop in a desktop shell. I bought my husband one around $800, and it runs most games he wants to play fairly smoothly. But for $400 (even cheaper used, at this point), you can have an Xbox One or a PS4 and they generally run the games made for them well. The complaint in a game having issues on a console isn't usually with the system (unless the system is known to have issues), but instead with the game itself.

In the end, it boils down to what titles you want to play and whether you're more comfortable with a controller or a keyboard and mouse. And to the latter, a lot of PC games allow you to use a controller with them. What titles do you want to play? Only on Nintendo systems? Well, guess we're playing console tonight. League of Legends? Dust off the PC.

4. NoVakhiin

NoVakhiin New Member

PC all the way. You can upgrade em, they are versatile, you can do other shit on em besides gaming. CSGO. I mean, its no contest.

5. Injoker_420

Injoker_420 New Member

I think PC gaming would be really usefull since it has internet and all stuff. It would be great if people would play online through console gaming which is already able today, but not all people are affordable to own a console for each person. Having a PC instead of console gaminh would an absolute solution to having a perfect device for gaming purpose.

Plus, the price will costs a lot less if you're having a pc instead of console. PC is something that almost 75% of population having in their house at least one PC or more. Which makes console gaming to become something that about to extinct.

But ofcourse, instead of destroys it, i'd rather keep them as a gaming collection. That would be awesome.

6. Sujeeth

Sujeeth New Member

"Of course, it depends on how powerful your PC is, but you don't need a top-of-the line $3,000 gaming rig to run games at higher graphics than consoles can handle. A $400 computer can easily equal or outperform even the Xbox One or PS4. And that's not even getting into the other ways you get a better value with PC.''

7. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

PC gaming:

Cheaper, more quality exclusives than all consoles combined every single year, crazy sales, mods, better community, no online fees other than my regular phone bill, complete custom experience

But then again there's people who simply feel more comfortable with consoles or are a little too incompetent to use a PC

8. Zero

Zero New Member

Regardless of many interesting points people have stated in this forum or some place, PC has been and will always be the pinnacle of gaming for various reasons which i will list a few : Wider selection of games, Multitasking and the most useful one is the ability to upgrade your system every couple of years at a way cheaper cost instead of buying a new console.

9. abdouacer35

abdouacer35 New Member

In my opinion, the console gaming is more better for me and some people don't like it and some people do so, the pc is good sometimes because he allow you to test the latest games and which require many thinks that the pc can do it and the gaming console is good as well because for exemple: the xbox allow you to play your best game with very cool controller not a clavier like the pc does so, in my case the console gaming is good for me

10. Zero

Zero New Member

Regardless of many interesting points people have stated in this forum or some place, PC has been and will always be the pinnacle of gaming for various reasons which i will list a few : Wider selection of games, Multitasking and the most useful one is the ability to upgrade your system every couple of years at a way cheaper cost instead of buying a new console.

11. bossthecall

bossthecall New Member

Since graphics don't bother me much, I prefer console over pc.

The gaming on pc is more enjoyable than console, but if you really want to enjoy gaming on pc you will have to spend alot of money, the new games that come for console are specially optimized for console unlike pc the games are made much better graphics wise but need high end graphics card to run that cost alot of money.

The conclusion is if you can spend more money then pc is better but if you are on budget then console is your friend!

12. abdouacer35

abdouacer35 New Member

i used to play pc games but i always prefer the console because its very cool and helpful when you play good games and strong games so i think that everyone love the console games such as ps2 and ps3 and xbox 360 and without forgetting the ps4 so in my opinion the console is more good

13. DeAnthony

DeAnthony New Member

Console games are way better than. PC games PC games crash way too much I hate that. But I do have to give PC games the benefit of the doubt because you can modify a lot more stuff on PC then you can on Console.

14. Mundia416

Mundia416 New Member

Thats something that is not even debatable, pc beats console any day cause you can upgrade the specs anytime well as for console you cant just take out the hardware and put in upgraded hardware anytime,

15. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

Perhaps your PC games crash more because you don't have a rig capable of handling them? And there's an easy solution to that that you don't get with consoles: upgrades! It's relatively cheap to upgrade a PC and make it fully capable of running the games you want.

The alternative to that in having a console, is that when your console is out of date (i.e. the next new console comes out), what do you have to do? Buy an entirely new console, invest in new controllers, hardware, and build your game library back up with compatible games. Not to mention there's always the chance that your new console won't backtrack on older versions of games, leaving you unable to play games from the old console.

PC gaming is the way to go.

16. OwenQ

OwenQ New Member

The gulf has been shrinking for a while now, but no matter how you spin it, the PC requires you to put in more time and effort to get things to run. Whether that's building it from the start, or just games being fussy or hardware deciding to go out on you, there's significant overhead to being a PC gamer. Those of us who've been at it for a while don't mind - but I absolutely do not begrudge anyone who'd rather go with a console that 'just works'. (Mostly.)

If I had to pick, I'd always go with PC - the variety, backwards compatiblity, etc. is there and I have the skillset to minimize the aforementioned overhead. That said, I own basically every non-Sega console between the NES and PS3 generations (I'm usually a step behind) because there's always some console exclusive that makes it worth it. I also can't imagine having a Nintendo handheld in my life. But I'm very serious about the hobby.

17. briankomeks

briankomeks New Member

I would agree to that consoles are less expensive than a PC , but I would prefer PC. PC nowdays have so many console games, it is only natural you want to play them with the original control scheme.

You probably need a PC anyway, so why not tack on $200 for a radeon RX 480 and make it a game machine.

18. Tooxic

Tooxic New Member

I like pc the most :D

19. ken alto

ken alto New Member

PC gaming is the best but only if the PC is powerful enough to run games smoothly at maximum graphics. It is more convenient than console gaming. The major downside of PC gaming is the gaming power of that particular computer. Consoles run games at maximum graphics and in that case they are the best.

20. awilson92

awilson92 New Member

I like both! However, for the sake of this post i must pick PC gaming as I use my computer for everything and it is just convenient and fun to have it suited for high graphics quality gaming as well. As a kid I used consoles but now as an adult I prefer to stick to my PC.