IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

PHP5 or HTML5

Discussion in 'Programming' started by xlmnder, Dec 14, 2015.

1. xlmnder

xlmnder New Member

more easily create programs using html 5 or php5?

2. Ritesh

Ritesh New Member

First of all , i want to clear that writing program will not be done with both these scripting languages.
    You should start by just learning some basics of HTML5 and then should go for PHP5 since PHP needs some of the HTML to be known by the programmer.

3. SuperUser

SuperUser New Member

Well, HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is used for "writing" websites. Pretty much any page is written in HTML 4, HTML 5 or xHTML. I would suggest you to first learn any version of HTML (5 is pretty popular, though it's not a W3C standard). To be able to design HTML pages, you will also need to learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to style it. Without CSS, there would be no background colors, no colors, everything will be in Times New Roman font... Then you might want to learn JavaScript. It's quite similar to PHP (with lesser functionality), but it doesn't require a server to run as it gets executed in the browser. HTML pages are called static since they display the same content no matter what.

PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor), on the other hand, creates dynamic pages since you can detect user input, user Internet Protocol (IP) address, user browser etc. and accordingly display different content. However, PHP works hand in hand with HTML. If all you have in your PHP file is a script to echo (output) lines of text, it will be the same as HTML without CSS - no styling. You can use HTML inside PHP files (for example, you can echo "<div class='header'>$title</div>" which will output the HTML code and replace $title with contents of the variable.

For starters, you should thus learn HTML and CSS. When you feel you know enough, you can start with PHP or JavaScript. Many people would recommend you to first learn JavaScript and then PHP, but I actually didn't start learning JavaScript until I was very good with PHP. So, it doesn't really matter if you don't learn one of these two. But HTML and CSS are necessary since they themselves are needed for the layout purposes.

Hope that help. :);)