IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Politics.

Discussion in 'News' started by Ohanga, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Ohanga

Ohanga Member

It is said that politics is a dirty game,personally do you second this motion or disagree with it?

2. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

Yes, politics is definitely dirty. I think the clean politician is a rare thing that we may never see in our lifetime. No matter which country we are from, we will all have our members of government lying to us and being out solely for themselves / their family and those who they can make gains from. For example, a political party's biggest donor will be pulling strings in the background. No one is going to donate hundreds of thousands or in some cases millions to anyone's political campaign without the hope they will be getting something in return. They make promises to us, tell us things they think we want to hear just so that they can get our vote, but once in power they rarely stick to their promises. They are pretty much all as bad as each other.

3. Roussanne

Roussanne New Member

Definitely a dirty game, but I do believe there are a lot of honorable people in politics. I never thought I'd say this, but the current political climate has even made me a fan of some politicians--those who have moral and professional standards and stick to them, even at significant to their careers. But it's simply unavoidable that politicians will have to make concessions, sacrifices, and compromises in order to get anything done. One book that is an excellent journal of a political journey is The People's Machine, about Arnold Schwarzenegger's two runs for governor of California. It's written by journalist Joe Mathews, and it's an incredibly deep dive into the machinations that go into winning a race, and then trying to accomplish goals.

4. waelmanz

waelmanz New Member

I think that we can judge the politicians of a certain country by using many parameters such as:
    1-Did they lead their countries to freedom, progress and welfare?
    2-Was their international policy destructive or not?
    3-Was there corruption in their era?
    4-How can we judge their era morally?
    Politicians can be dirty or not. We can judge them according to these parameters and many other parameters.

5. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member

Yes politics is a dirty game. In the words of Harold, who defined politics as who get what, when and how, it made it so clear that no one can engage in politicking and still claim that he/she isn't playing dirty.

Harold believes that in the process whereby a politician tries to canvas for vote, he may go extra length to bribe and try to change the system to favour him. So whether lobby or bribe whatever you call it are still means of achieving his selfish interest.