IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Programming is Addiction

Discussion in 'Programming' started by zeeshan, Jul 14, 2018.

1. zeeshan

zeeshan New Member

Am I the only One who thinks that Programming is addiction?

Wyattagum likes this.
  2. aRtymis

aRtymis New Member

Programming gives that satisfaction of bringing something to completion. And I do agree, it is quite addicting to program. Once you get the hang of it, you can do just about anything.

Wyattagum likes this.
  3. Corymillz

Corymillz New Member

I started learning programming with SoloLearn app. It has a feature where you can also practice. It was fun, and seeing others making progress just drives you the more to keep learning and practicing.

Going further, building stuffs with advanced knowledge drives you even more to start and complete projects. I most times stay awake in the night coding. Yeah! It is addictive.

Wyattagum likes this.
  4. Wyattagum

Wyattagum New Member

I think it can be an addiction to me. It depends on the person. I get sleep deprivation from staying up a lot of making games for fun! I love making games and that's just like any other thing. If you love games it becomes an addiction, if you love reading it becomes an addiction, if you love soccer, tennis, or any other sport it becomes an addiction and you wanna keep doing more because you like it~

5. SoundInfinity

SoundInfinity New Member

You're not the only one, I'm also kind of addicted to programming and i really don't know why.

6. Shade812

Shade812 New Member

Yes, absolutely. I once got in trouble for programming during a computer science class. The irony here is undeniable.

7. Sammy Kalama

Sammy Kalama New Member

I was so much into computer games before (edit: as a job, loved gadgets back then already), rather looking at doing something like carpentry or metalworking (still thing those are awesome). Started programming at about 5 years ago in high school because we had mandatory informatics lessons (C++ ... idiotic pick for the first language, really). I got really into it, did some PHP project for my final exam(which I still laugh about today).I'm now on campus level,I've Learned C and Java there, both with focus on distributed algorithms (sounds better than it is) and also some Python, SQL, and other scripting foo.
    I don't really have an answer to how addictive programming is because there is no day I've not lived without programming. You just love it when you know it.