IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Reality TV shows

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Marie83, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Marie83

Marie83 New Member

Do you feel that there is too many reality television shows? I can't personally stand them myself. I feel there is way too much drama from show like, The Bachelor and Survivor. I am especially not a fan of Teen Mom either. I miss the way television was with shows like The Family Matters and Home Improvement. Now it's just way too much drama and garbage that kids do not need to watch. Our world is sure different with the way they are doing television shows now a days. How do you feel about how T.V is produced now.

2. Amir King

Amir King New Member

The only reality show I ever liked was Big Brother when it first started but now I feel it's cheap and tacky. I also feel it takes advantage of desperate people. I've never liked Love Island or the Kardashians. I prefer more intellectual programmes like Dispatched and wildlife programmes.

3. Toribellb

Toribellb New Member

When reality television became extremely popular a few years back I watched a few shows, such as Teen Mom and Jersey Shore, just because my mother had them on the T.V. I was never really a fan and always thought that people on the shows were crazy, as were the ones behind the screen for watching it. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that the people on these shows are entirely out of their minds and most of it is scripted to attract viewers. Everyone loves a good dose of drama. I personally think that they advertise/glorify unruly ways of life that shouldn’t be projected to younger viewers, such as excessive drinking and reckless behavior.

4. amethyst

amethyst New Member

I totally agree with you. I also feel that there have been an overabundance of reality shows on TV right now. Sadly I don't think some of them are actually necessary and afraid the main goal of these shows is just to attract large number of viewers. And for most of them the main idea of being a reality TV show has actually been lost in the sense that most of the content are being edited to suit and to get the attention of the viewers. I think most of these shows nowadays are being produced disregarding quality and instead focused on creating drama and tension to get people tune in and have something to debate on. But regardless I still believe that there are still a lot of quality reality TV shows out there mainly those contest or game type of reality shows.

5. agbuyarashel

agbuyarashel New Member

I think the reason why there's a lot of television shows is that the producers expect us to love dramas because one of our human nature is being judgemental, already have a lot of things to say when you don't even know a single thing about the truth.
    On the contrary, tv shows about survival also show us how a friend become an enemy in a quick seconds, know whose your real friend which happened to be someone your you are not that close with, and seeing how a person can do anything to follow his/her dreams of becoming a winner.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. Rebelta James

Rebelta James New Member

I do not watch much Reality Shows but I do watch Total Divas and also the reality show the Bella Twins are in. I do agree with you. So many Reality shows are starting to take over. It is kind of disappointing each time I switch the channel I see a reality show playing.