IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should i use html to build my website?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by CarlosTheMusketeer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. CarlosTheMusketeer

CarlosTheMusketeer New Member

Html would probably be the way to go.

2. W4tchYourB4ck

W4tchYourB4ck New Member

Yea you probably should. Also what site are you making?

3. Bakanyan

Bakanyan New Member

There's no good alternative to HTML as of now. None popular and better than HTML anyway.
    Building a pure website with pure HTML is not recommended though. Adding CSS, Javascript, Jquery and PHP with HTML is the best way to go. For most of the stuff, you'll not need HTML. Web sites rely more on other languages but HTML provides a good base and a basic layout.

Honestly, nowadays, you don't even need to know much programming to build a website. There's a lot of drag and drop options as well as blogs/forum softwares that don't need a single line of code to install. However, I would still recommend to start with HTML.

4. Espi

Espi New Member

HTML5 if we're being specific. I know that for sure, and you should always keep up with the changes to languages as they grow. Using HTML is pretty much the standard, there are some people out there who knock on HTML as if it's irrelevant. I also agree with Bakanyan, there is no reason to just use HTML.

There are plenty of other languages that would make your site dynamic, if that is what you want. But as far as just building a basic website (some text, pictures, links), I would also recommend using CSS as well. You don't need to know languages like PHP, Perl, Ruby, or even Python just to build a basic information website. HTML & CSS is the way to go buddy.

W3Schools
    is where I taught myself how to program, and it's also a perfect source to actually learn programming as if you were in a real school. Check it out if you've never heard of it.