IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Should we entirely rely on the internet for answers or should we balance out with other sources?

Discussion in 'Education' started by JM5FW, Feb 18, 2019.

?

Should we entirely rely on the internet for answers or should we balance out with other sources?

1. Internet only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other sources of information only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Balance internet with other sources of information

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. JM5FW

JM5FW New Member

With our current age of the internet, there is an interesting craze for answers and information from the web. For example, you are chatting with friends and if a question becomes daunting you hear one of them say, “Why not google it?”. The trend has trickled down to our schools where children easily resort to the internet sometimes even for their homework. This is unlike the past when we buried our heads in books in the library for hours!

No doubt, I do admit that times have changed, and we do have tons of viable information via the internet, but I think we should not entirely rely on the internet for all our answers. We should exercise some balance and utilize other reliable sources of information.

dreamhacker likes this.
  2. angeloflight

angeloflight New Member

In today's world we are fortunate that we are surrounded by unlimited resources. Where researching for a certain topic is not limited to reading only newspapers and books. Internet is very useful but at the same time we should be careful on what information we believe. A lot of times fraud and malicious information is posted in the internet and if we are not careful we might become victims of misinformation. Filtering what we read is important and every information should be taken into careful consideration.

3. Rutuja

Rutuja New Member

We live in a world with very little or absolute no time. Looking for information online is the easiest and time-saving solution that we all have. The fun part is that now we no longer have to remember any dates, days and even spellings because it's all available on the internet, but here's why you shouldn't rely on the internet for every little information you need.

Looking up online frequently for sure saves time but at the same time begins wasting it. Just like we go on a YouTube spree! And plus you never find the information that is perfect because the internet is designed to keep you engaged for a long time so it can work, it is you who are going to help it make money!

So what can you do? You ain't got no time? Well, you don't live alone with the internet in this world. Try talking to people, make interactions and most importantly try being a precrastinator so the things get done early and you don't waste time!

4. Gaga

Gaga New Member

We sometimes forgot that the Internet isn't our only source of information. I, like all of us, look for the answers on Internet first, and I think it's because it's the easiest way of finding it. I love how I can google pretty much anything that crosses my mind. Internet is a great way of finding new things, or finding answers to question, no matter for what you need it. (job, school, your own cause, etc.)

But always be careful when you're using Internet as a source of information. I think the problem is that anyone, literally anyone can post anything on Internet. That leads us to a lot of incorrect information, because people post about topics they don't know about enough.

I think we should at least check information we got on the Internet and should not rely entirely on it.

5. Diane Borg

Diane Borg New Member

Some information on the internet can be fake or not written well. I think it is better to balance information, with other sources.