IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

should years spent schooling be reduced?

Discussion in 'Education' started by shamiraangel, Apr 28, 2015.

1. shamiraangel

shamiraangel New Member

some people study fro degree to master to phd by the time they are done in school they are already old i think school years should be shortened

2. MononobeYuu7

MononobeYuu7 New Member

I don't think it's necessary to shorten school. The only reason that there are this many years of school is that this much time is necessary to master the material. The twelve years in public schools is spent exposing yourself to various subjects so that by the time you get to college, you will have an idea of what interests. I know in some areas that it is possible to skip grades because you have already mastered the material. So it's not like everyone has to spend this many years in school. If you're smart enough, you can skip.

3. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

Overall, I think the amount of years being in school should remain the same. However, I think school should only be shortened if you go back to school when you have kids and work. To go back to school can be very challenging for some people under these circumstances. I think teenage parents should also graduate early. This way, they don't have to worry about school on top of taking care of a child. Their children come first, which is why this load should be taken off them. When it comes to receiving a college education, that could be more difficult. Although online classes are available, people can still go to schools that offer programs where you can graduate in less than four years. It really depends on circumstances that are involved, and what works best for people.