IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Spare A Thought For Those Who Struggle To Get Water.

Discussion in 'Health' started by Glory19, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Glory19

Glory19 New Member

If you live in the first world all it takes for you to get water is to turn on the faucet. However, for some people in the third world, the situation is different. They have to walk miles to get water and sometimes the water they get is not clean. So please, remember to count your blessings and always use water wisely.
    How much water do you use daily?

2. Murtles2017

Murtles2017 New Member

I see your point here, but let's keep in mind you don't have to travel from a first world country to find these issues. Have we already forgotten about Flint Michigan? Cities like Flint exist throughout the United States, where citizens pay hard earned money for water to come from a faucet, but that water isn't safe to use.
    In addition to unsafe water, there are thousands of families throughout first world countries (I use the United States as an example) living paycheck to paycheck, who face the choice between lights and water, and choose lights.
    This is by no means to say we shouldn't help third world countries where and when we can. I'm just saying it must be painful for impoverished Americans to watch the government help put wells in third world countries while their children don't have water to drink.

algxbraic likes this.
  3. LawlietFluffTail

LawlietFluffTail New Member

One of my friends lives in city in the Midwest (Not Flint), and has lead in his water. There are lots of kids in his neighborhood and they undoubtedly have lead in their water too. It saddens me to know that those kids are literally being poisoned by something that should be giving them health and life. I can't imagine the pain of those families, knowing that there are literally hundreds of organizations dedicated to getting clean water to other countries while their water is literally poison.

It's so sad that so many people, all around the world, don't have water security and that poverty takes away a resource that should be a basic human right. With climate change, this problem is only going to get worse.