IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Spotify Weekly Discover Suggestions

Discussion in 'Music' started by Melissah30, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Melissah30

Melissah30 New Member

What are some really good, lesser-known artists that you found through Spotify's Weekly Discover playlist? Usually, if I find a song I really like on there, I end up going to the Artist Page and listening to some of their top hits or albums, and there have been quite a few that really left an impact on me!

The one that always comes to my mind is Cloud Cult. They are a bit on the weird side, and I admit that I have no idea how they came up in my Weekly Discover. They are an experimental band with eclectic instrumentation. My favorite album of theirs is Light Chasers, which describes this journey through the universe, which is really symbolic of the journey to find self. I first heard the album about 5 years ago and I still keep coming back to it!

honeylina likes this.
  2. honeylina

honeylina New Member

A Kpop boy group called ATEEZ, a group called DPR Live, a female solo artist TRACE as well as a male soloist Salvador Sobral! They're all great, ATEEZ is a newer group but their music is very catchy. DPR Live is that one group you can never get tired of. Their music is very calming in a way that you can't really explain - I tend to become at peace when I listen to them. TRACE has so many good songs, and they're also very calm and have some kind of power to just relax you. Salvador Sobral offered me to fall in love with jazz and it worked. If not for him, I'd probably would never be into jazz. Not to mention, he was the very first artist who I hear live! His songs are super nice and they always have something new to offer. He's also an amazing person in general.

Thanks Spotify Weekly Discover for opening my eyes and showing me all these amazing artists :D

3. kkxov_

kkxov_ New Member

I remember, how Spotify showed me Oh, Honey. Their song are filled with love and their voices are amazing. I probably wouldn't have known them if it wasn't for Spotify. They're not in my usual go - to music style, but seriously, listen to them.

4. Eunbi Jung

Eunbi Jung New Member

Spotify includes a lot of good but underrated songs in their Spotify Weekly Discover, and I'm glad to say that it has made me discover a K-Pop group named "Dreamcatcher"! I was not aware of this group before, but listening to some of their songs made me like them. They have good discography, but I couldn't see much people talking about them. Spotify might really know people's music choices, and I'm glad to have stumbled upon Dreamcatcher's July 7th.