IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Suitable laptop replacement for student.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by rhems091, Feb 4, 2019.

1. rhems091

rhems091 New Member

Hi folks, my laptop was recently stolen and I'm looking for a replacement. Preferably something on the cheaper side but reliable and long lasting with decent storage. I've been looking at chromebooks as they seem cost efficient and would suffice my needs, they come with a year of free 100gb which is tempting. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. Ethan Liu

Ethan Liu New Member

Sorry about your laptop. If you are looking for a replacement there are several things you should consider. First is what original ios was your original laptop in. Was it mac or windows or Linux or chrome. You should probably get one that you are already familiar with and use that one. Second it depends on what grade you are in. If you are a elementary or middle school student i would suggest you to get a Chromebook. This is because most Chromebooks are cheap, hard to destroy, and have cloud storage so you could access it on any other computer if you destroy yours. Another benefit is that most schools already use Chromebooks. If you are a high school student i would advise you to find a low end budget computer around 500-700 dollars. A perfect laptop would be the asus zenbook 13 as it should have enough storage for most of your items. If it is too expensive i would suggest you to get dell thinkpad. Those although bulky are a really good deal. If you are in college i would advise a stronger computer like an alienware or the dell g7 as those should be powerful enough to run computer programs and other stuff. Finally i suggest you keep important files on a thumbdrive and get a keychain and chain it on your backpack