IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Surviving the lock down as students

Discussion in 'Education' started by Sakinah, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Sakinah

Sakinah New Member

I really think the lock down due to the Coronavirus pandemic has been quite tough. Most schools are not yet re-opened and it is a bit terrifying. But, there are many ways to make yourself busy with school work despite the pandemic ravaging the world.
    In this write up, I will be talking about Khan Academy, the online website that helps you study and prepare for any type of exam like SAT, ACT or AP exams but its basically for high schoolers.
    Reading, answering questions, preparatory tests, watching videos on diverse topics in different courses are all part of the fun ride in Khan Academy. And guess what? You get to pick your courses. I can say that I've learnt much about Computer Programming from Khan Academy and you could also do that too. All you have to do is simply to sign up at their website (www.khanacademy.org). Be sure to check it out. Even the adults out of high school could sign up. It is fun!

2. Jenien

Jenien New Member

I am currently in my summer class which we have been doing online. Yes it is true, surviving this pandemic as a student with responsibilities is tough. One of my subjects involves playing basket ball, but since due to pandemic we have been task to make a video toturial of the proper execution of handling and drebbling the ball. One way of connecting to the class is through zoom app, but we only have 40 minutes to discuss through this app. One of the common problems we are facing now is our internet connection. Once our connection is poor, we are automatically disconnected from the zoom app and it takes a while to reconnect. Another problem is our budget of buying surf promos since internet is not free in our country. The poor connection and the high price of surf promos are one of the problems of the students taking online class.