IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Symptoms of prescription drug abuse.

Discussion in 'Health' started by Gibson, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Gibson

Gibson New Member

The symptoms of prescription drug abuse tend to be more subtle and difficult to identify. The symptoms also vary based on the prescription drug being abused. Some symptoms are visible when someone is under the influence of an abused prescription drug. For example, abusers of all prescription drugs may demonstrate excessive mood swings or hostility.

Among people abusing opioid painkillers and depressants, the most common visible symptoms are, confusion, drowsiness, poor coordination or clumsiness and poor judgment. In contrast, the most common visible symptoms of stimulant abuse are, agitation, irritability and appearing to be high. Other symptoms appear as a pattern of behavior over time. You may notice:

a) Increased secrecy or anger when being questioned about activities or whereabouts.

b) Lost of interest in favorite activities, or a lack of energy.

c) Drastic changes in eating or sleeping habits.

There is a ton of symptoms to look out for, what are some that I happened to miss?

2. Margaret Nyambura

Margaret Nyambura New Member

I have never abused prescription drug and I totally agree with Gibson's views. Through my observation, I have seen neighbors abuse painkillers and have shown symptoms such as neusea, feeling high, slowed breathing rate, drowsiness, confusion, poor coordination, increased dose required for pain relief and worsening or increased sensitivity to pain with higher dose.