IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The best place to learn programing for free and be certified

Discussion in 'Programming' started by vadze, May 23, 2015.

1. vadze

vadze New Member

When I started my IT education, I don't have money to go to IT school. At that time I completed high school and was in the house doing nothing.

An idea came to me to look for free IT programs online and I embarked on the search. I came across several of free online coarse, some certificate and others diploma.

I started some and it was complex to me but I came across one site named www.alison.com and it has what I was looking for. This website has series of online free certificate and diploma programs.

It is absolutely free to join. I joined this site and finished 3 diploma courses within 3 weeks and I got perfect basic knowledge in these programs.

I continued to do more courses and finished over 8 certificates and 6 diploma courses before going to collage.

Alison.com has courses other than just IT programs and you can do as many as you can.

The interesting thing is the certificates that I paid for later and was sent to me.

If you want to learn web design, affiliate marketing, programing and any other thing, check on this site.

Do you have any of such sites that revolutionized your programing life? Share with us.

2. rajahammad

rajahammad New Member

EdX is a joint, not-for-profit partnership between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University to offer MIT and Harvard classes online for free to millions of people around the world. The first set of courses will be announced in the summer and will begin in the Fall 2012.

From the edX website:

EdX is based on MITx, a technological platform from MIT designed to offer online versions of their courses. These versions include: video lessons, embedded testing, real-time feedback, student-ranked questions and answers, collaborative web-based laboratories, and student paced learning