IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

The effects of COVID-19 on education

Discussion in 'Education' started by Papa_s, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Papa_s

Papa_s New Member

Hi humans,
    So ever since this whole COVID-19 situation became real and people had to go into quarantine, schools have obviously had to close. I personally happened to switch to online school a year before this happened, but I was wondering how other people are dealing with learning from home? I know it can be challenging for people who don’t have the motivation to do it.

2. melissapatrick2008

melissapatrick2008 New Member

My kids seem to love it, but because we are still having to use materials from the school it has been challenging at times. The instructions aren't clear on some, but then other assignments the teacher count them as not finished because they didn't show their work. It really worries me that my babies will be held back due to this pandemic.

3. Clifford

Clifford New Member

This covid-19 pandemic really affects educations and schools and institutions as well. It brought us panic and anxieties that potentially threatening our lives and well-being. Same is true for the education as it suffers with pandemic and creates a total lock down in some nations. For education it affects in the aspects on how we will be able to learn and for the teachers, instructors and professor and other stakeholders it really challenges them to find any means and ways to be able to coop in this new and current situations we are facing right now. Some employed online education or instruction (or off-campus delivery of instruction) and totally banned or prohibits classroom classes and meetings due to the fact that we are in a setting of social distancing to help mitigate the spread of this disease. So far it greatly affects education by creating a new and greater challenges in order to provide the best and still effective ways to cater the deliver of instructions for a lot of learners.

4. Deann Kitty

Deann Kitty New Member

Since the outbreak of Coronavirus disease late in December 2019, many sectors are now paralyzed, including learning. Schools and colleges have closed all over the world as a way of protecting learners and instructors from viral infection. With pupils, students, teachers,s and instructors all at home, then it raises concerns on the status of learning in the world. However, e-learning has been impressed, and learning is still going on in many countries and places amid this COVID-19 pandemic. However, e-learning has got its challenges, and education is not adequately monitored; not all objectives achieved as full attendance cannot be effectively monitored online. It's hard to contact some assessments online as well.

5. Goldenbee

Goldenbee New Member

Since the outbreak of Corona virus, schools have completely shut down, causing us to turn to online learning and live classes which was once a rare means of education.

I believe that such a crises has impacted our appreciation of many things, one of which are the conventional schools that many people seemed to be complaining about its uselessness in the past. Not only are students now confined in the walls of their houses not able to interact with teachers and friends except from behind a screen, but they are also experiencing the boredom of life without doing something productive. Consequently, I believe that the mindset of most teenagers will have changed after this crises is over and they would be more keen on spending time outside their homes doing something productive.

I truly hope that teenagers of this generation learn something valuable out of this unique experience and learn to appreciate their Limited time at school.

6. Tyi

Tyi Member

This has been an interesting experience to say the least. Online learning has never been an issue for me. I was doing it before I finish school. However, my granddaughter didn't care for it. She prefers to go to class and interact with fellow students and teachers. What made it more engaging for her was when I studied with her. So, we took turns reading and answering questions. I also took the time to teach her some things about formatting and putting a story together. As for myself, COVID-19 has reintroduced me to reading. I'm reading books I haven't read yet and purchasing more books. I am also finishing crochet and knitting projects and beginning new ones.

7. ube

ube New Member

Due to COVID-19, I've been attending school online and it's actually not too bad! With my school's situation, I would say that the only thing that would affect the quality of one's learning would be how they personally handle the situation. We're currently using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It's quite easy to not pay attention during video calls and do other things without being caught. However, one could also choose to pay attention and receive just about the same learning experience as they might in class. I've been quite motivated to do well, so it hasn't been that much of an issue for me!

One thing I've noticed is that teachers seem to be more lenient with due dates, which is quite nice. Although our workload has increased quite a bit, it's not too unreasonable considering that most of us are home all the time, anyways. Another thing that is quite different is that the teachers have the choice between giving us a final exam or a project! All in all, it's quite a unique experience that has come from an unfortunate set of circumstances.

8. allison smith

allison smith New Member

Motivation is definitely at an all-time low. Trying to meet due dates with no physical enforcement is more a challenge in discipline than anything else. Granted, I have Zoom calls with all the harder courses, such as math, but "easy A" classes I am much more apathetic toward.

After all, if I never cared in the first place, why would I care now?

9. Mel

Mel New Member

Schools now offer online classes to their students due to COVID-19. Because of this, I cannot help but think about the students (and even teachers) who cannot afford to have internet connection and gadgets. Personally, I have no problem with online classes but there are a lot of students who find this problematic.

10. sherman198

sherman198 New Member

The pandemic has crippled education as at now. And it has bad effects on students. Students no longer go to school, which hampered their chances of learning new things. Though, some schools have started from-home learning via internet, which is good enough. But this hinder teachers to access how effective students are doing.

11. Morgan2290

Morgan2290 New Member

The education system is heavily flawed, there will be some adverse results on this road to change but a new system is needed. With free information only a click away education should be more vast and rich. No more rows of robots learning archaic methods and outdated ways of thinking.