IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The Frustrations of Working Online

Discussion in 'Business' started by torreyy, Nov 5, 2015.

?

How do you feel about the time frame for payments?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2015.
  1. I'll wait however long it takes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 weeks is too long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't mind a week or two

100.0%
  4. Now. Give it to me now!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. torreyy

torreyy New Member

I work online because at the moment I don't have any other option. I submit resumes and applications daily but don't even get call backs for interviews. I've revamped my resume again and again, even having friends do it, and paying to have it professionally done. Nothing.

So, here I am. Online. All day. Every day. And although every now and then I get a good opportunity and actually earn decently, for the most part its tedious and frustrating. The pay is very low, or they pay too slowly. Anything beyond 10 days once I cash out or earn it is absolutely LUDICROUS! So I'm relegated to using pretty much three or four out of thousands of sites every day. I put in as much as I can on those sites first then head to the less desirable ones, (perhaps one day the money/points will add up and I can cash out) frequently checking back to the best ones to see if any work is available.

I don't understand why it takes some companies up to a month to process and pay you, when other companies, like InstaGC, can get your payment to you INSTANTLY.

WILLIAM NUNOO likes this.
  2. ray

ray New Member

Content deleted

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  3. sumi

sumi New Member

I appreciate efforts and patience of everyone which is the primary quality of any online worker. One cannot survive in the virtual world unless they knows how to face the tough life someone has to live depending on such slow earning. I suggest you should try sites, which provide online work depending upon your qualifications. In fact, I am myself in the process of learning the finer points of online world right now

I am sure there are certain ways one can earn good working on certain websites. But the only problem in the process one faces is to how to find sites that compensate your work according to your efforts. I have few sites in my mind but being a new member I am not sure whether mentioning them will be considered as spamming the forum. I believe your efforts will pay in the end.

4. luxonline2

luxonline2 New Member

I think that is a main area of concern. If a company actually wants to pay for your efforts there should be no minimum withdrawal limit and waiting period. It is the money earned by you and you have all the right to get it. I would be quite skeptical to join an online job where the payment threshold is very high. A low withdrawal limit is the minimum quality that I am looking for while joning an online assignment.

I think there is always something fishy about a high withdrawal limit.

5. LoveSeeKeR

LoveSeeKeR New Member

Because they check fraudulent ones and those legit ones, example in YouTube if you are partnered with a network like Bent Pixel they are net 45, in Gomez peer net 15, in CPA sites they pay weekly or monthly, it all depends on the company you are going to join.

6. whitney fry

whitney fry New Member

Even with low threshold points, there is still the matter of how often the jobs come along and whether it will make a difference if you cant get the work to cash out at all. I've seen tons of sites that offer "great opportunities", only to have you wait days and sometimes even weeks to receive jobs with the most tedious amounts of earnings. I think these sites are really just trying to get workers excited about the prospects of work and then once they have suckered enough out of them, they drag out the payment process in the hopes that they will just disappear, knowing all along that a new candidate will be along any minute.

7. morgoodie

morgoodie New Member

@torreyy I feel your frustration. I have just started to find work online and it is really frustrating trying to find one that has a decent rate of pay and not a long wait for your money once you cash out. I am learning that you will not find high paying work without certain skill sets. But I am holding out hope that I will find something that will work out for me. I hope you will find something too. Like @WILLIAM NUNOO suggested, look into selling on eBay or Amazon. I am selling things around the house that I no longer need and it is making me quite a bit of money for me while I build up my different online jobs. I also sell Avon and am hoping that is going to get off the ground here soon so that I will have that to fall back on when the online work does not pay out as good. Good Luck!

8. Gemini8787

Gemini8787 New Member

I was glad to see this post because I also work online every day, and it can get frustrating for sure. I feel stressed out right now because I only made 37 dollars today, which is why I am here posting right now. I think one or two weeks is about right for payment. Longer than that is kind of crazy.

9. Isaiah Guto

Isaiah Guto New Member

I can understand your predicament Torreyy, but I want to encourage you to develop a positive attitude and be patient working online. Many people are earning decent incomes online, and quite a number have resigned from their 9-5 jobs to concentrate working online independently. The advantage is that you have all the freedom because there is no boss to monitor you. Online workers have an opportunity to write their cheques which means one determines own income.

I agree with with William Nunoo on his post. He says that the problem you face is that you have not identified a the right company or opportunity. You can learn how to create WordPress websites/blogs quickly and become an affiliate with many reputable companies like Wealthy Affiliate. I am not saying it is an easy task but with discipline, determination, and hard work, the sky is the limit.