IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

The REAL way to shed fat

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Cara101, May 31, 2015.

1. Cara101

Cara101 New Member

Alright everyone, I'm sure you have all heard about all of the fad diets that are out there. They usually start out with "lose 30 pounds in one week!" or "Scientists have recently found a diet pill that will redefine the weight loss community!" Well I'm here to officially tell you the truth. Weight loss doesn't happen over night! It takes lots of hard work and dedication to lose that extra poundage, but thanks to this forum I will tell you how I personally lost weight. Its all thanks to HIIT workouts! Now, for those of you who don't know what HIIT stands for it is High- Intensity Interval Training. It sounds intense, I know, however its not as bad as it seems and it can be applied to any exercise! Using HIIT, you are able to increase both your aerobic and anaerobic endurance while burning fat. It sounds too good to be true! Here is an example of a great TEN MINUTE HIIT workout on a treadmill (because who says you have to be at the gym for 2 hours). This was taken directly from Muscleandfitness.com

Beginner: 20 seconds of work 40 seconds recovery x 10

Intermediate: 30 seconds of work 30 seconds of recovery x 10

Advanced: 40 seconds of work 20 seconds of recovery x 10

The truth of the matter is that if you truly want to keep the fat off you need to get your butt to the gym, work hard, and eat clean. Fad diets and waist trainers might shed fat temporarily, but their effects won't last forever. Its ultimately up to you to get the job done. Trust me, you will gain so much more confidence if you get out there and do the hard work yourself. If you have any questions please comment and I am more than happy to get back to you. Thanks for reading!

2. vegito123

vegito123 New Member

I reckon that hard work is needed, as using diets or pills can cause more problems and not work well as the effects can be different to each person and also sad when companies try and make money from the people and the product does not work. I think, that exercising is a good way to lose weight and also a person can do more for their health and also change their routine as well and do weights in the gym and also cardio as well which can be interesting. I think taking a break, is needed and also do two to three hours and then rest, maybe do some sauna or spa bath and then do some exercise the next day and do different things in gym so you get to try different machines out.

3. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome New Member

HIIT will only work if you are watching your diet as well!
    I've done HIIT and have been advised by my doctor to wait before doing it again until I get myself in a healthier range. It landed me in a bed for days after my second session.
    I am hoping to afford a better gym than the one I was going to soon so I can do the pool exercise my doctor recommended. I have lost and kept off sixty pounds before without any exercise except extra walking. I tracked my calories that I consumed and calories I used in my daily routine.