IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

'The Senior Games'

Discussion in 'Games' started by Annabella101, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

Where I live there is an annual sports meet call the 'The Senior Games'. As the name suggest, it's a meet specifically geared towards seniors forty years and over. I qualify by virtue of my age to compete if I so desire, but to date, I have not even had the pleasure of actually being at the games. As far as competition goes, while there is a round-the-clock emergency medical service available, I still think I need to put in some more time training to avoid having to use said service:). One day soon I hope to at least be a spectator.

Those games however are not the games I want to focus on in this thread. I want to remind the readers of games like Scrabble, Monopoly, Frustration,Snakes and Ladders, Uno, Ludo, Checkers and Backgammon just to get started. Then there is that fifty-two pack of cards that used to keep the family entertained for hours. In my family it was Whist, Rummy, Fish, Suck me Well, Hearts and good old Solitaire for when you wanted to play alone.

In this age of modern technology are the games I mentioned now relegated to just being the 'Senior Games'?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015